• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Dan Brown: The Da Vinci Code

Must . . . resist . . . spoiler . . . boxes . . .

Mile-O-Phile, you're an evil man!

Cheers, Martin :D

You actually registered at the Dan Brown Forums, to trash the man!?

Not liking a book is fine with me, but there are limitations. Take it easy, it's a friggin' book!!

Cheers, Martin :D

Martin said:
Not liking a book is fine with me, but there are limitations. Take it easy, it's a friggin' book!!

It was a bit of fun...came across the site quite by accident.

Hey, I gave them loads of links, though, to sites with all sorts of Sacred stuff and even a link to the Gnostic Society which has lectures on stuff such as Sophia available for download.

It was a balanced thing.
Tilted in my favour, of course. :D

Martin said:
Yeah. Uh huh. You accidentally typed "Dan Brown" and "messageboard" into google ... completely by accident.

My fingers must have slipped. :rolleyes: I was doing some research on hemlock as a viable source of fuel for a post-industrial age and, er, there it was.

DaVinci Code is much better than Angels and Deamons although they are both very good. Angels and Deamons dealt with science alot more and I am not really into all the scientific stuff. But the Code also seemed alot more realistic to me. But they both are worth reading and deal with a chase and really make you question some aspects of your faith. Angels and Deamons was also a bit more gory to me...murdering bishops grossed me out. I think there will be a third one with Robert, anyone else? Does anyone have any good recommendations that will be near/just as good as these two books?

Umberto Eco - Foucault's Pendulum!!

Ive never read it, i just wanted to ease Mile-O's pain :D

Phil

Da Vinci Code

Did anyone else feel patronised by this book? Everyone else seems to love it, except the Christians of course (of which, I hasten to add. I am not one). I felt like I was being spoken down to the whole way through. The French setting encourage the use of French language whose translation - it seems to me at least - does not need to be present at all, as the words used are so close to English and blatantly obvious in their meaning. The flashback classroom scenes seem to have been populated by entirely imbeciles and it seems this is what Brown thinks his readers are.
If you want to read a good book on this subject whilst staying in the realms of fiction, read "Foucalt's Pendulum" by Umberto Eco. A thrilling book that is, in my humble opinion, superior in every way.
Huginn

Huginn said:
If you want to read a good book on this subject whilst staying in the realms of fiction, read "Foucalt's Pendulum" by Umberto Eco. A thrilling book that is, in my humble opinion, superior in every way.

Hurrah! A fellow Scot who thinks likewise over anti-Brown; pro Eco. :cool:

Mile-O-Phile said:
Hurrah! A fellow Scot who thinks likewise over anti-Brown; pro Eco. :cool:

Yes Mile-O, but history will remember those who lead the charge.

Bravo! :)

RaVeN

Back