• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Dan Brown: The Da Vinci Code

pontalba said:
ABC Take you up on that one, and raise ya another pan of brownies, can we please have pecans in it?

Lots of pecans..finely chopped..maybe we can even use them in our story...

Peder said:
And then, once StillILearn provided the picture of someone in exactly that position, with only toes showing, the simple abbreviation "Toes!" began to gain currency for the whole concept of being dead on one's back with toes up. Ya hadda be there :) and we have a nabokov decoder ring also. j/k j/k
So "Toes" is something like "ROTFLOL" but for a different emotion, awe instead of amusement.
A source of innocent merriment, :)
Peder

See what can happen when people work together?;)

New York, New York.... it's a wonderful town.... lalalalalalalala (sorry can't remember the words to song). But I'm packed and ready - now all I need is transportation:(

SFG75 said:
You mean that you haven't read The Da Vinci Code?:eek: It's so kewl!!. :) It was written with every factual detail scrutinized and verified.:rolleyes: Oh man, we should select that as our unofficial book club read for the months.

Who wants to join!!??:D

The great TBF unofficial book club book of the month.

Breaca
SFG75
Stewart
Peder
pontalba

:D

Y'all startin' a Dan Brown Defamation Book Club without me?! :eek:

Peder said:
Harlem's up, and the Battery's down
I'm fairly sure,
Peder

Peder,

You're killing me again and not in the good way. ;) You know damn well it's "The Bronx is up and the Battery's down." Stop misinforming people! We have a hard enough time getting them to come back to our fair city (and I use the term loosely) without you messing up our theme song.

Breaca said:
New York, New York.... it's a wonderful town.... lalalalalalalala (sorry can't remember the words to song). But I'm packed and ready - now all I need is transportation:(

Honestly, don't you know there are Stores, and well, wonderful BIG stores to actually Shop and Buy Stuff??? Wassamattawityawoman? Don't need no darn bags packed. Buy 'em there and come back with them FILLED!
Do I hafta tell ya everyting??

:p
:cool:
:eek:

OY!

Peder and Raff - You could tell me anything and I'd believe y'all. And don't worry you couldn't put me off coming - Peder has already told us too much about those scrummy cake shops.

pontalba said:
Honestly, don't you know there are Stores, and well, wonderful BIG stores to actually Shop and Buy Stuff??? Wassamattawityawoman? Don't need no darn bags packed. Buy 'em there and come back with them FILLED!
Do I hafta tell ya everyting??

:p
:cool:
:eek:

OY!

Ya gotta point there woman. I guess we could hire a shopping carrier - as opposed to a 'people' carrier to travel in:D Ooh, ooh we could hire a chauffeur driven vehicle to take us shopping. And when we've filled the vehicle up we send it on it's merry way back to the hotel so that it can come back to us for the next load:D

Breaca said:
Ya gotta point there woman. I guess we could hire a shopping carrier - as opposed to a 'people' carrier to travel in:D Ooh, ooh we could hire a chauffeur driven vehicle to take us shopping. And when we've filled the vehicle up we send it on it's merry way back to the hotel so that it can come back to us for the next load:D
Now you're getting the hang of it! The only thing I'd have to bring would be the CDM coffee and chicory.......since we have it on good authority that there are plenty of "scrummy cake shops" there! :D

scrummy is good......isn;t it?

raffaellabella said:
Peder,

You're killing me again and not in the good way. ;) You know damn well it's "The Bronx is up and the Battery's down." Stop misinforming people! We have a hard enough time getting them to come back to our fair city (and I use the term loosely) without you messing up our theme song.
Yeah, Raffaellabella, I goofed. Big time! The Bronx trickled back into my brain box just too late.
But 'fair city' it is getting to be again, I understand (from up here in the northern suburbs). No longer crime capital of the US, in fact one of the safer cities. :)
Peder

pontalba said:
Now you're getting the hang of it! The only thing I'd have to bring would be the CDM coffee and chicory.......since we have it on good authority that there are plenty of "scrummy cake shops" there! :D

scrummy is good......isn;t it?

Scrummy is definitely good. We have it on good authority.

I personally enjoyed this book...I’ve read it in French, so I didn't see any grammar errors and I do have to admit I am not an expert in grammar issues and though some things are impossible (e.g. Sofie and Robert don't sleep until they find what Jacque Sauniere was trying to tell them) I still think this book is worth reading. I also have to admit that Dan Brown's style is very different compared with other writers and difficult to understand at first but after the first 50 pages it becomes a lot easier.

I applaud ions's post of a few pages back detailing what's wrong with The Da Vinci Code. And I see that most of what he said remains undisputed.

I must apologize.

Yes, Shade, the whole point of that post was to rile up what I nicknamed the 'uber-intellectuals'.

Here's why:

All I've heard from these uber-intellectuals is how bad The Da Vinci Code was... why? 'Steaming pile of crap', is usually what the answer is. I heard it so much it got to the point where it seemed as if people were scared to say they ENJOYED it, even times when those who enjoyed it were deemed simply utterly stupid. Imagine that. So I decided to rile you up a bit.

I also never got a reason for why 'The Da Vinci Code' was a steaming pile of crap - until finally, a few people actually said something. That's what I wanted . . . that's what I got.

But I do apologize to Shade and anyone else who I may have irritated with my remark. And Stewart . . . Matthew Reilly's not half-bad. ;)

Bountyhunter said:
Yes, Shade, the whole point of that post was to rile up what I nicknamed the 'uber-intellectuals'.
Why did you decide upon a nickname like that? I thought that we had gotten over the whole "elitist" thing. Isn't stereotyping people who dislike TDVC as snobby intellectuals, or "elistists", just as bad as stereotyping TDVC lovers as ignorant morons?

MonkeyCatcher said:
Isn't stereotyping people who dislike TDVC as snobby intellectuals, or "elistists", just as bad as stereotyping TDVC lovers as ignorant morons?

One's fact; the other's fiction. :p

Back