• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Dan Brown

Hyperstorm said:
Hi pr1008
why dont you try out "Map of bones" by James Rollins, its very similar to "angels & demons"

also Matthew Reilly is coming out with a new book "the 7 ancient wonders" by the end of this year, which stars the 7 wonders of the ancient times

Thanks. I'll have to check out 'The 7 ancient Wonders' when it comes out.

Oh, Amazon a listing for Seven Deadly Wonders.

Stewart said:
[*]apparently you can't arrest an American in France if they are in the American embassy - bullshit!

Poo. I always thought that was true (ala end of Bad Boys II). My hopes of starting shit in cuba are dashed...

Robert said:
the stories rock!

I'd disagree here too. There is no plot to The Da Vinci Code - it's just one scene after another where a chlidish puzzle is solved and they get presented with another childish puzzle. The supposedly excellent cryptologist is so good that a bit of mirror writing has her scratching her chin for a few chapers. The puzzles are so simple that a child of five could figure them out which would have prompted Groucho Marx to demand that someone fetch a child of five - they'd have been as well to bring a five year old as, at the very least, the five year old would have enjoyed being slightly tested by the puzzles on offer.

And then there's the fact that the book is set over two days yet not once do our characters feel the need to sleep or even yawn. :rolleyes:

If you can look past all the errors and neagative aspects of this book then all you'll see is the spine.

Strongly disagree. His writing may not be first rate, but the stories are very good. At least according to me and those that help keep trash like that on the best seller lists.

Robert said:
Strongly disagree. His writing may not be first rate, but the stories are very good. At least according to me and those that help keep trash like that on the best seller lists.

I wholeheartedly agree with that last sentence.

Hyperstorm said:
Hi pr1008
why dont you try out "Map of bones" by James Rollins, its very similar to "angels & demons"

also Matthew Reilly is coming out with a new book "the 7 ancient wonders" by the end of this year, which stars the 7 wonders of the ancient times

I'm about halfway through the book now and I'm really enjoying it. Thanks for the recommendation!!!!

Robert said:
Has anyone heard anything about when The Solomon Key is going to be published?

Next year, sometime. I suppose you have to remember that the paperback hasn't been released, as far as I know, in America and that will come first - most likely in tune with the accompanying movie so that the last two people who haven't read it (novella and Stevie Wonder) can pick it up.

There is speculation, however, that Dan may be struggling to produce his new novel. And, when you consider that Lew Perdue is trying to get him into court over the plagiarism charges, you can see why he might not be busy churning out his latest piece regardless of what his team say.

jturpin4 said:
Which Dan Brown book should I read first?
I strongly advocate that you read none of them and, instead, take them out into a field and burn them since Dan Brown is the clumsiest, poorest excuse for a published author I've ever had the misfortune to read. However, people seem to think Angels & Demons is his best; then they move to the next one and find out that its Angels & Demons with the characters' names changed.

not that we advocate the burning of books in any capacity, stew is just passionate about dan brown.

I strongly advocate that you read none of them and, instead, take them out into a field and burn them since Dan Brown is the clumsiest, poorest excuse for a published author I've ever had the misfortune to read. However

Stewart had it 110& correct - until he said however.

Angels and Demonds is the prequal to the Da Vinci Code. Digital Fortress is ok and it is just out there on its own. I heard that Dan Brown is writing a sequal to the Da Vinci Code, but I guess that is pretty obvious since he has made a fortune off of the Da Vinci Code.

h_carnahan said:
I heard that Dan Brown is writing a sequal to the Da Vinci Code

It's called The Solomon Key and will no doubt appear at the tail of next year. The extra time taken to release it is probably due to three things:

• He has written another book under the pseudonym of John Twelve Hawks;
  • The Da Vinci Code is still selling in hardback in the US; why bother with a paperback yet?
  • Since The Solomon Key is set in America he'll actually have to pay attention to his stupid little facts, for then America will truly see that he hasn't a clue about research and makes it up instead.

Sadly they actually make book(s) predicting Dan Brown's next actions in his new book. They sum up the US history for people who don't know it and base what they think it will be about by analyzing Dan Brown's every word he has uttered to the public. It is sad that someone actually wasted their time thinking about what he will write. I don't even think that people do that for Harry Potter, but then again that could be because J.K Rowling's work is more unpredictable.

Back