• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Goodreads

shadforth

No,I'm not being disloyal,but just wondered if anyone uses the Good Reads website? It's a great way to create a virtual library,plus there are reader's reviews and it's a good window to look thru for new books.

I recommend it. Not updated it in a couple of months, but then, I've not read anything this last couple of months.

I didn't like it when I first signed up there, but then the website got a new design and it's much better, I think. I'm kind of addicted to the place. I really should write more reviews about the books that I read though... I've been slacking.

Yep, exams in mid-May. Off on holiday tomorrow for a few days' fun first. Then knuckling down.

Will you take time off in the summer, or go the summer session route? Lots of folks do that, but I'm not convinced they're totally sane.

I didn't like it when I first signed up there, but then the website got a new design and it's much better, I think. I'm kind of addicted to the place. I really should write more reviews about the books that I read though... I've been slacking.

Slacking?!? Girl, you've had university AND surgery! You're supposed to be slacking... Now, get to it!

Slacking?!? Girl, you've had university AND surgery! You're supposed to be slacking... Now, get to it!
Well, you do have a point. But I still feel I could write a paragraph or two about the books that I finish, especially if I managed to find the time to squeeze in a 300+ pages book. :whistling: Have you noticed that I like to bite off more than I can chew? ;)

So, back to GoodReads... I love the site! I like having all the information for the books right in one place along with reviews. I know other sites offer this as well, but most of my other friends are on GoodReads so I can see what they're reading, too. And I like all the options they give you for different shelves and rankings/reviews.

So, back to GoodReads... I love the site! I like having all the information for the books right in one place along with reviews. I know other sites offer this as well, but most of my other friends are on GoodReads so I can see what they're reading, too. And I like all the options they give you for different shelves and rankings/reviews.

And best of all, GoodReads is a FREE site! I also like it being linked to Facebook. I keep trying to lure my Facebook friends over there, but it's slow going..

One of my friends uses LibraryThing, but she stubbornly refuses my suggestion to join GoodReads.

The bad thing about GR is that it continually reminds me of the amount of books I have still marked as TBR. :lol:

I really like all the choices of covers for the books(i used a few for paintings already).Before reading or buying,i always consult Good read,check what people think and what they read in comparaison to their appreciation of the book.It really is a great help.
Plus many books are in their original language(French for me).
Of course as ABC mention,it's free and that is a bonus(not like LT and their sneaky way of charging you after a certain amount of books)

Back