• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hey Ice Hockey Fans !!!!! Deal?

Robert said:
I've never seen a live interview, but I've seen some interesting quotes from his press conference. I hate the guy. On ice, he nothing more then a thug.

I saw a show once that basically had a bunch of hockey's greatest goons being interviewed off-ice and in their regular home setting. They were all your basic, laughable, fun loving humans that you would never take for anything other than just a regular guy. Domi, was funny, and likeable (as much as I hate to admit it). Brashear was intelligent, and an accomplished classical pianist....

I believe that. Most guys like Domi and Brashear are like that on the ice because that part of their role in the game.

Seen anything on Chris Simon?

Robert said:
I believe that. Most guys like Domi and Brashear are like that on the ice because that part of their role in the game.

You also have to admire (in an awkward, embarassing way...) that Domi is by all accounts small, respective to other hockey players. Yet he can still hold his own and then some....I always like how he manages to avoid Brashear though.... :D

Motokid said:
You also have to admire (in an awkward, embarassing way...) that Domi is by all accounts small, respective to other hockey players. Yet he can still hold his own and then some....I always like how he manages to avoid Brashear though.... :D

I have wondered how Domi can get in all those fights, but when you see his face in the news, there is nary a scar to be seen.

Motokid said:
hey hey hey Hockey/Flyers/maple leafs fans

http://www.nhl.com/news/2005/08/232710.html

This is gonna be good....can you say concussion?
Moto, I was thinking of you when I heard about the Lindros/Leafs deal. :D

As if you don't have enough reasons to hate the Leafs!!

I do think he should retire, though. What's his father thinking? Does he really want his own son to become permanently brain damaged?

Ell said:
Moto, I was thinking of you when I heard about the Lindros/Leafs deal. :D

As if you don't have enough reasons to hate the Leafs!!

I do think he should retire, though. What's his father thinking? Does he really want his own son to become permanently brain damaged?

Oh come now, Ell, one can never have enough reason to hate the leafs.

Robert said:
Oh come now, Ell, one can never have enough reason to hate the leafs.
Yeah, well you've got a point there.

To think I lived in TO for 5 years. You know how hard it was pretending to at least tolerate them?

psst, don't tell Moto, but I actually saw the Broadstreet Bullies win the cup way back when.

ell

Ell said:

To think I lived in TO for 5 years. You know how hard it was pretending to at least tolerate them?

psst, don't tell Moto, but I actually saw the Broadstreet Bullies win the cup way back when.

ell

I knew I loved you for more than just one reason Ell

Motokid said:
ahhhh shit......that just about dooms my hopes....I hate that kind of thing...there's so much up in the air right now it's not even funny....

can anyone say "jinx!!!" :mad:

I knew that you could...

no kidding, i wish i hadnt looked at that. and by the way domi is a little waste of space i have absolutly no respect for him. anyone remember what he did to adam burt when he was with the flyers a few years ago?

Ell said:

ell

Looks like our secret is out. Don't blame me, I didn't tell Moto.

Blue%20Line%20322%20500.jpg

LeClair a Penguin. I'm sure that'll bite the Flyers in the ass a few times. Good for John, and good for the Penguins.

John's an old boy now, and it'll be interesting to see how he holds up on a very young, King Mario team. That's got to be one hell of a salary cut for Johnny.

Palffy, Gonchar, Thibault and now LeClair. They won't the best team in the east, but they may be almost respectable this season.

Robert, thanks for the Top Ten link. That should hold me until the real hockey starts. :D

As for LeClair, I'm sure a good part of the reason they signed him was to give some veteran leadership and guidance to a young team - esp. Sidney Crosby. I don't envy Sidney, he's going to have an enormous amount of pressure and will need all the help and guidance he can get.

Back