• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hey Ice Hockey Fans !!!!! Deal?

Motokid said:
Considering what Detroit has had in the past....you deserve Osgood.

Gee thanks, pal. Yes, Osgood has his name on the cup, but he had a great team in front of him. I like Osgood, he's a class act. He truly is the classiest guy in the game today. The problem is that he’s just too inconsistent for my taste. When he’s on, he plays as well as any in the game, but when he’s off, well don’t even go there.

Hasek signed a contract with the Sens a year ago.

Cujo is an UFA.

Now, try to think of the last great Flyers goalie...go ahead...try.....

(cricket....cricket...cricket..............................cricket......)

Bernie Parant....Pelle Lindburgh....I mean, we're going back multiple decades before there's a name that means anything....

I can't argue with that.

So what are the Flyers chances of bring home Lord Stanley's cup this season? It looks like Bobby Clark is putting together a team capable of making it to the finals.

Robert said:
I can't argue with that.

So what are the Flyers chances of bring home Lord Stanley's cup this season? It looks like Bobby Clark is putting together a team capable of making it to the finals.

The Flyers have always looked pretty good on paper...especially during the month leading up to the first game....they are pretty consistant with making the playoff's, and even making it past the first round.....the biggest area of concern is almost always goal tending. With the exception of the one year when it was goal scoring....stopping the damn puck is the Flyers achilles (spelling?) heel. Which is why I can't get all excited about Esche just yet.

The guy between the pipes is question mark for the Flyers....other than that it appears they have as good a shot as any other team to make the Cup finals from what I can tell.

Detroit might be able to go far if they can get Zetterberg and Datsyuk signed and age doesn't catch up wtih them.

Robert said:
Detroit might be able to go far if they can get Zetterberg and Datsyuk signed and age doesn't catch up wtih them.

There's also the big questions of how the rules changes will effect the game.
Will the clutching and grabbing really be stopped in favor of higher scoring? What about the decrease in goalie pad sizes and no redline? Will the speed of the game change the entire scope of how a team should be put together? Can the boring-ass trap be buried deep into history? What will that do to a team like the Devils?

It's going to be interesting to watch....couldn't think of a better way to come back from a strike. Wholesale changes to the game to increase scoring and pace of the game. Genius.

Only thing I would have liked to see was if the goalie comes out of his crease he's fair game if he's playing the puck.

The Wings are still pretty small up front except for Lang, Shanahan, and Franzen, and they have plenty of speed and skill up front. The rule changes should help (knock, knock, knock on wood).

Motokid said:
Can the boring-ass trap be buried deep into history? What will that do to a team like the Devils?
May the trap rot in hell! :) Jacque Lemair won't know what to do under the new system. It will be interesting to see how/if teams like the Devils and Wild adapt.

I got this from RWC (a hockey forum), but it doesn't have a link so I don't know if it's true or not...

according to The 2005 World Features Syndicate, Inc which is the one used officially to set odds.

opening odds to win 2006 stanley cup

Philadelphia 5-1

Ottawa 7-1

Detroit 8-1

Calgary 10-1

Colorado 10-1

Tampa Bay 10-1

Vancouver 12-1

Boston 13-1

New Jersey 14-1

Pittsburgh 16-1

San Jose 17-1

Toronto 17-1

Dallas 18-1

Los Angeles 20-1

Chicago 22-1

Edmonton 22-1

Montreal 22-1

N.Y. Islanders 25-1

St. Louis 25-1

Atlanta 28-1

Anaheim 30-1

Florida 30-1

Nashville 35-1

Minnesota 45-1

N.Y. Rangers 45-1

Phoenix 45-1

Carolina 50-1

Columbus 50-1

Buffalo 60-1

Washington 100-1

ahhhh shit......that just about dooms my hopes....I hate that kind of thing...there's so much up in the air right now it's not even funny....

can anyone say "jinx!!!" :mad:

I knew that you could...

I know what yoiu mean, Moto, I hate it when the Wings are the favorites. The only bigger target then the team projected with the best odds is the current SC Champion.

Robert said:
The only bigger target then the team projected with the best odds is the current SC Champion.

What's that feel like again...???? :(

(I was in elementary school when the Flyers last won that damn cup....)

I have a bit of a problem with "professional" atheletes playing in the Olympics...it just doesn't have the same appeal to me....I rather watch the NHL....

Motokid said:
I have a bit of a problem with "professional" atheletes playing in the Olympics...it just doesn't have the same appeal to me....I rather watch the NHL....

Olympic hockey is fun to watch, professional athletes or not. I’ll probably record some of the games on DVD.

HOCKEY RULES!!!!

Robert said:
Olympic hockey is fun to watch, professional athletes or not. I’ll probably record some of the games on DVD.

HOCKEY RULES!!!!

To each his own....Olympic hockey reminds me of the All-star game....no hitting, making sure nobody gets hurt, less than 100% effort hockey....

I'll watch some of it...but I'd rather watch the Flyers paste the Maple Leafs or the Rangers.....

Motokid said:
To each his own....Olympic hockey reminds me of the All-star game....no hitting, making sure nobody gets hurt, less than 100% effort hockey....

I'll watch some of it...but I'd rather watch the Flyers paste the Maple Leafs or the Rangers.....

I'd like to see the Flyers paste the Leafs as well. It just doesn't get any better then that.

Robert said:
I'd like to see the Flyers paste the Leafs as well. It just doesn't get any better then that.

Have you ever seen an interview with Tie Domi? Off-ice, it's really hard to hate the guy...amazing the transformation of people when they enter into a sporting arena....

Motokid said:
Have you ever seen an interview with Tie Domi? Off-ice, it's really hard to hate the guy...amazing the transformation of people when they enter into a sporting arena....

I've never seen a live interview, but I've seen some interesting quotes from his press conference. I hate the guy. On ice, he nothing more then a thug.

Back