• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hey Ice Hockey Fans !!!!! Deal?

Ell said:
Robert, thanks for the Top Ten link. That should hold me until the real hockey starts. :D

As for LeClair, I'm sure a good part of the reason they signed him was to give some veteran leadership and guidance to a young team - esp. Sidney Crosby. I don't envy Sidney, he's going to have an enormous amount of pressure and will need all the help and guidance he can get.

I was thinking the same thing about Crosby. I hope the Penns let him grow up another couple of years before putting the weight of the franchise on his shoulders.

Is Mario (I can't spell his last name) LeMeuxe still playing?

DOn't forget that the Penquins also got Mark Recchi from the Flyers right before the strike broke out. So with Recchi and LeClair, both team mates for many years plus King Mario....I think the kid will be alright for a while.

Motokid said:
Is Mario (I can't spell his last name) LeMeuxe still playing?

DOn't forget that the Penquins also got Mark Recchi from the Flyers right before the strike broke out. So with Recchi and LeClair, both team mates for many years plus King Mario....I think the kid will be alright for a while.

As far as I know, super mario is healthy and intends to play.

Robert said:
As far as I know, super mario is healthy and intends to play.

Then certainly the brunt of the teams success will fall right on Mario and the older veterans for at least a season or two.

Details on OLNs coverage of the NHL. It's looking pretty good for hockey fans in the US...

Comcast, which owns hockey's new cable home, might be in the market for an all-sports network.

But the regular-season schedule won't be drastically different from the past. Wings fans will still get a steady diet of the home team, mostly on Fox Sports Net, and the NHL's Center Ice package remains unchanged. Anywhere from 60-80 NHL games will be televised nationally by OLN on Monday and Tuesday nights during the regular season, beginning with the Oct. 5 season opener that features the New York Rangers at the Philadelphia Flyers.

I like this part...

Also, as part of the deal, Comcast now must carry the NHL Network -- previously available only in Canada

The release on OLNs website is very detailed.

OLN AND NHL PARTNER IN MULTIFACETED NATIONAL MEDIA AGREEMENT

Motokid said:
WHOOOOO-HOOOOOO !!!!!!!

but then again, I'm sure you're not surprised..... :D

I just don't understand, Moto. Why should you be happy about one of the games best forwards signing with your favorite team?

Robert said:
I just don't understand, Moto. Why should you be happy about one of the games best forwards signing with your favorite team?
I'm just kinda crazy like that I guess......

pwilson said:
Did I mention that I feel sick? :(

I'm not surprised.

I'm not feeling to hot myself. I'm too worried about the fact that Detroit has yet to sign Datysuk & Zetterberg.

pwilson said:
Did I mention that I feel sick? :(

You feel sick???? Try being a fan of any Philadelphia area sports team....professional that is....Phantoms don't quite count...

How many championships has Denver won in the last 20 years?

I'm not heart broken for you right now.......

All right, all right. Point taken, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it! :) As I've said before, just sit back and enjoy cause there's not another one like him.

pwilson said:
All right, all right. Point taken, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it! :) As I've said before, just sit back and enjoy cause there's not another one like him.

I just hope he can make it through the entire season and stay relatively healthy...when's the last time he managed that? I heard it's been quite a while....

Heatley playing for the Sens is gonna be a pain in the ass for Leaf fans. Moreso than Hossa ever was for sure. Especially with the Leafs shaping up to be rather mediocre this year.

Forsberg at the Flyers is gonna be another pita for Leaf fans. And every other team in the Eastern Conference.

ions said:
Heatley playing for the Sens is gonna be a pain in the ass for Leaf fans. Moreso than Hossa ever was for sure. Especially with the Leafs shaping up to be rather mediocre this year.

Forsberg at the Flyers is gonna be another pita for Leaf fans. And every other team in the Eastern Conference.

thanks for reminding me....it's been a while....

maple leafs suck maple leafs suck maple leafs suck
maple leafs suck maple leafs suck

maple leafs suck

Back