• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How many books have you read?

E>M>M>A

By guessing, if you don't know exactly, how many books do you think you've read?

One woman on Facebook has read 10,024 (something like that)

Me? I think I've read around 24. I'm 15 and I'm aiming for 100 books.

Thousands.

I have never bothered to keep count.

Are you aiming to read 100 books this year? Before you graduate High School? Lifetime?

I've only been keeping accurate count of the books I have read since the beginning of 2007. Over my lifetime I'm sure it has reached in the thousands range by now.

I use an Excel spreadsheet like so. Thats my backup and a little behind. I use to just use a plain old txt file but it got fried and I had to go back and retype my list using an out of date back up. Since I had to retype a lot of it anyway I switched over to Excel and started adding more columns which are why there are lots ? marks.

Just an observation: if one read 50 books a year for 50 years, that would be 2500 books (wouldn't it?). My hat's off to anyone in the thousands!

Just an observation: if one read 50 books a year for 50 years, that would be 2500 books (wouldn't it?). My hat's off to anyone in the thousands!

That's what I was just calculating. Some years I've read lots more than 50 and I know there were a lot of years where I did good to read that many. I just wish I'd kept the kind of lists then that I have for the last five years or so. I literally cannot remember much of anything I read before.

No idea, as it's only recently that I've been keeping track. But counting books that I read from childhood, I'd probably say it was in the high hundreds. :confused:

If I had to guess... close to a thousand. However, in my oppinion, it's about quality, not quantity.

If I had to guess... close to a thousand. However, in my oppinion, it's about quality, not quantity.

I'd guess close to that too, but that includes all the books I read in my childhood.

In my adult life, at least 500.

I wish you wold have told me that before I checked out those 75 children's books in order to bump up my count. :(

Children's books don't count?:sick:

Considering how many I've read aloud over the last 24 years...I remember one evening when the oldest three girls talked me into reading some 15 books in a row. I don't know about them, but I sure slept well that night:lol:

That's another list I wish I'd kept..I think I only managed to keep an accurate record of read alouds one school year. Usually I'm too swamped to put forth the effort.

hmm.. i'm 55, i've been reading since i could... i can read a slim book in a matter of hours, a thick one in a few days, and there's never been a time in my life where i have not read books.. there's no way i could even guess at how many..

Back