• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How's the weather where you live?

Hanno said:
Dont you have air conditioning? Over here it's running all the time during the summer.
of course we do!!! :confused:

SFG75
just wait till winter and then u might have the lowest degree :D
unless u moved into a more high-temp place :p

xBasx said:
of course we do!!! :confused:

Then the high temperatures are no problem.

The worst situation is a heat wave in places who usually have normal temperatures. No air conditioners for defence.

It's lovely Mary Poppins weather - practically perfect. No, I'm not gloating. But I'm off to the great outdoors anon.

Too damn sunny out. No clouds. 90 degrees and rising. Should be the same all week.

Remind me never to go to Saudi Arabia. 104??? My god, that's killer.

Went by a bank clock that read 104.:eek: And no, it wasn't in Saudi Arabia.;) Today it's going to be a cooler 96.:D

SFG75 said:
Went by a bank clock that read 104.:eek: And no, it wasn't in Saudi Arabia.;) Today it's going to be a cooler 96.:D

What time was it when you saw that? It was 104 at 2pm here and the paper said it was 105 by 4pm. Looks like today will be just as hot. The paper says 103..For Friday(wedding day!) looks like we'll have a cold snap..only 98 expected:rolleyes:

SFG75 said:
104! that sounds just like home lol
it has been around that all day..
but since I'm home and under my lovely A/C, I can't complain :D

ugh...102 here right now. I'm a cold weather gal...this heat is just not workin' for me! I'm melting...

:cool:

This is all we get get down here in Miami is sunshine. Sometimes we see a tropical storm or two. Now during Hurricane Season, we get some mega storms. Other than that, it's always sunny.

Well, it hit 103 here yesterday. Today, the outlook is nearly as grim. But we've also had some major storms here. Last night, we had a gigantic storm that included 50 mph sustained winds with 70-80 mph gusts, a tornado to the north, 3/4 inch hail, and pounding rain. Right now, about 500,000 people are without power. It was really bad, but right now it looks like nothing happened. It's still sunny. :eek:

stay cool Vespertillo. Driving a car without air conditioning is a good way to darn near fall asleep at the wheel after a good day's work.

98 today-If I ever complain about the weather in december, someone post this to remind me to not complain.:rolleyes:

SFG75 said:
stay cool Vespertillo.
98 today-If I ever complain about the weather in december, someone post this to remind me to not complain.:rolleyes:

...December weather...that sounds good right about now :p

The weather doesn't matter since I'm indoor most of the day. I miss the days where I go out and have fun instead of slaving at the job.

I can't boast of over 100 degree temperatures, but I still have been suffering from ~95 degrees. The killer is the humidity. And no air conditioning. I lived in the desert all my life until this past year...humidity is not my thing. Give me a snowdrift any day.

tundra said:
I can't boast of over 100 degree temperatures, but I still have been suffering from ~95 degrees. The killer is the humidity. And no air conditioning. I lived in the desert all my life until this past year...humidity is not my thing. Give me a snowdrift any day.

I second that, I love Vegas weather, the heat doesn't bother me. I hate FL weather, the humidity makes my skin all sticky no matter how many showers I've taken.

103 again.:rolleyes: Tomorrow, it will cool down to about 99, before leveling off finally to the high 80s.

Back