• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How's the weather where you live?

muggle said:
We are under a major winter storm warning. We could get between 6 and 10 inches Monday and Monday night. Darn, my driveway is between 100 and 130 feet long. I will need to start shoveling snow early as I need to be able to get out Wednesday morning for my surgery at the hospital.

LOL-I love the first snow of the winter season. After that, it's all downhill as you are shoveling the stuff and then it sits and gets dirty for another two or three months. :rolleyes:

We had a bit of snow this week, not too much but enough for the kids to have some fun.

Oh look....more snow here...grumble...

SFG75 said:
That's the beauty of days where you are snowed in-you can knock it a book each day like I did the last two.:D *yes!!*

I can't wait to get a different job someday. One where I'm allowed to get snowed in, rather than having to drive my little death trap into work in a foot of snow. I'm essential personnel, so our motto is "leave three hours early so you get to work on time and then spend another eight hours driving around in it". We should get hazzard pay!

It is snowing. The ground is covered and the trees look wonderful all covered in snow, especially the pine trees. Now it would be nice if it just stopped. :)

It's clear and cold here today, but the paper says we might see snow by Wednesday. Smart people around here don't hold their breath. We usually don't see snow accumulations til after Christmas.

It's been a hot few days here! Each has reached at least 28 degrees (82 degrees Fahrenheit), and so I'm absolutely boiling. It looks to be about the same today as well - have fun with the snow and freezing temperatures people; I'll be at the beach :p

MonkeyCatcher said:
It's been a hot few days here! Each has reached at least 28 degrees (82 degrees Fahrenheit), and so I'm absolutely boiling. It looks to be about the same today as well - have fun with the snow and freezing temperatures people; I'll be at the beach :p

:p Ya know, I USED to really like you MC. That was before you allowed your cruel streak to leak out:rolleyes: Oh well, have fun anyway!

MonkeyCatcher said:
may you have rain all week. :p

abecedarian said:
It's clear and cold here today, but the paper says we might see snow by Wednesday. Smart people around here don't hold their breath. We usually don't see snow accumulations til after Christmas.
Neither do we but we are getting snow today. :) It is really beautiful outside right now. Tomorrow morning I will be singing a different story when i have to shovel....I took another look at my driveway and it is more like 180 feet long.:(

During th days-20 or so. At night-5 to 10-waaaaaay too cold for my liking.:D But tonight will be fun. All of the downtown businesses are having a christmas walk celebration. Story telling, sleigh rides, and treats will be available. Everyone in town goes to this function, should be great.

We only got about 3 or 4 inches of snow but it truly is a Winter Wonderland. Last night we turned on the floodlights and went out on our backporch and the snow was coming down and the trees in the woods at the edge of the yard were covered with snow and it was just beautiful.

And I will not have to shovel the driveway with only 3 or 4 inches of snow. :)

We're slated to get snow starting tonight, with up to 4 inches by tomorrow evening. Hopefully the weather gurus are correct and that's all we'll get. I just have fond memories of a storm we got in 1971 that was going to be just a 4-6 inches, and lasted for two days and we got some 21 inches instead. I think I'll make a grocery and library run this afternoon just to be safe.

abec-Bundle up!, four inches means a lot of shoveling, glad I'm missing out on that one!

Right now- 1 degrees, feels like -12.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: BURRRRRRRR!

SFG75 said:
abec-Bundle up!, four inches means a lot of shoveling, glad I'm missing out on that one!

Right now- 1 degrees, feels like -12.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: BURRRRRRRR!

I bet the wind is blowing, right? My plan is to line up the ducks so I don't have to get out for a couple of days. I'm such a klutz and I'd rather not fall and endanger my two remaining brain cells;) My strategy for snow shoveling is to hand the shovel to my kids who're dying to be out in it anyway! Maybe I should grab some hot cocoa mix while I'm out later..

Here in Michigan it's pretty cold out. It's 14F and the high today should reach a whopping 20F! Brrrr. 60% chance of precipitation. More snow. Ocky! I'm sick of snow! I don't like cold weather! I'm pea-green with envy of those who have nice warm weather! :p

I do not give a damn how much snow there is this year.
The more - the better.
I've already ordered a snow-clearing tractor, they should deliver it this Friday.
Last winter it took several hours each week to clear our driveway, so I got sick of it.

Buying sleds for Christmas is always a crapshoot around here. Murphy's Law means if we buy one it won't snow..

Well it is 11 degrees out right now! We have a chance of snow through tomorrow. Then Thursday we might make it to 21 degrees :D The lows have been down right freeezing. We woke up yesterday morning to no furnace :( Our propane company hadnt been out to check our propane for us the way they are suppose to the months of October- March:mad: So me and my son sat here yesterday all bundled up til 1pm when we finally got heat again:)

We got our first snow of the year last night.

Fairly early for the DC area.

I'm lovin' it!

(BTW - people are stupid. Countless SUVs in the ditches on my way in this morning!)

Back