• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How's the weather where you live?

Damn snow lovers. :mad: If it will shut you up, CDA, I'll send you our snow - it's from our garden and hasn't been walked on or anything. :)

*Please note: sender cannot be held responsible if the snow does not arrive in the same pristine condition it was in when it was packed. Blame the Royal Mail: it's usually their fault anyway.*

the paper says we should reach 59 today! After our -196 on Christmas Day, it seems really odd! (look back at my previous post and check out the link)

abecedarian said:
the paper says we should reach 59 today! After our -196 on Christmas Day, it seems really odd! (look back at my previous post and check out the link)

NW Kansas has been awesome since we've been here-it was a blamy 70 for about two days in a row. Today, it's overcast and cool-which ishelping me wake up after a nice whitefield's latte.:)

It's been snowing almost non-stop for 3 days now. So we have nice layer of snow outside, it's great; brightens up the otherwise grey and dark winter = good :)

Very warm here in the last few days notwithstanding it is summer.

Today is a top of 38 degrees celcius = 100.4 farenheit

Tommorow which is New Year's Eve is pedicted to be 42 degrese celcius = 107.6 farenheit

I won't be out celebrating in that heat but hunched up with the air conditioner on full blast enjoying a good book....:cool:

Today was /extremely/ hot for where I live, with a high of 28 degrees celcius (82 F). Tomorrow is going to be a scorcher too, with a high of 25 degrees (77 F). :D

GOLLUM said:
Very warm here in the last few days notwithstanding it is summer.

Today is a top of 38 degrees celcius = 100.4 farenheit

Tommorow which is New Year's Eve is pedicted to be 42 degrese celcius = 107.6 farenheit

I won't be out celebrating in that heat but hunched up with the air conditioner on full blast enjoying a good book....:cool:

We have similar forecasts here in Sydney. Today reached about 36 and tomorrow is supposed to go over 40.

It's snowing again today, just like yesterday, and the day before, and the day before that... :rolleyes:

Billy said:
We have similar forecasts here in Sydney. Today reached about 36 and tomorrow is supposed to go over 40.
Yeh well at least I can watch the cricket. I usually go to one day of the Boxing Day Test but it was just too hot this year. At least the Aussies won...:D

Oddly enough it is mild here in New York. We had some snow around Thanksgiving, which was early. But then that was quickly gone. Christmas was clear and mild. Now we have just had fog for a few days and then some rain. But New Year's Day is when I always remember it turning bitter cold to freeze the tootsies. So far however /knocks of wood/ another mild day.
Very strange. :confused:
But good, but good! :)
Peder

30 minutes.

30 Goddamm, stinking, pathetic minutes of snow. Then rain came and washed it all away.

:mad::mad::mad:

CDA said:
30 minutes.

30 Goddamm, stinking, pathetic minutes of snow. Then rain came and washed it all away.

:mad::mad::mad:

This sounds more like winter in my area...we sometimes get piles of snow. But mostly we get a couple of inches and then it's gone by the next afternoon. Ice usually more of a hazard than snow. Now, in 1971 we had a huge snowfall..21 inches! That was fun. Being nearly 10, missing school for three days was wonderful. Since then, we've had a few storms that dumped about 12 inches, but never like the '71 event.

Its been pretty warmish here. Gorgeous and bright sunshine yesterday with about 67 degrees (F). But now its clouded over and 71 degrees (F). For the last week and next week nothing lower than 40F, and around 70ish F in the day. :) Can't argue with that.

Back