• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How's the weather where you live?

The high temp here is supposed to be in the mid 50's with an occasional dip into the 40's this week. This is just not normal for Kansas in January. And it is still so dry.

abecedarian said:
The high temp here is supposed to be in the mid 50's with an occasional dip into the 40's this week. This is just not normal for Kansas in January. And it is still so dry.

Yeah, I beat your wheat farmers down there aren't too thrilled. Land is very dry here as well, though irrigation companies are going to be thrilled. About 50 right now and super clear.

SFG75 said:
Yeah, I beat your wheat farmers down there aren't too thrilled. Land is very dry here as well, though irrigation companies are going to be thrilled. About 50 right now and super clear.

Yeah, I was afraid of sounding like a broken record..but the kids are loving the chance to play outside!

im freezing to my ass here in turkey
it is snowing heyy :D:D
but the wind is so powerful
but its a nice day snowing and cold :D

abecedarian said:
I was wrong..it is now 60 degrees! Short sleeve weather:D

You aren't all that far away from where I live. This has been one of the most unusual winters that we've had in a long time. I remember being a kid in the early 80s and walking in snow trenches as tall as I was, not to mention snow drifts that crested over neighborhood fences. Other than this year, I can only remember one other time where there wasn't snow on the ground in the middle of January!. Global warming isn't so bad.:D

This is a really strange winter. It was 69 degrees here one day last week and is constantly in the fifties or sixties. It should be snowing and blowing and temp in the low 30's for this time of year.

After an icky weekend that had zip sunshine, one heavy rainstorm in the middle of the night, and gray, gray, gray skies, today has been gorgeous. Sunny 60ish degrees (F), and supposedly down in the high 30's tonight. /sigh/ :)

pontalba said:
After an icky weekend that had zip sunshine, one heavy rainstorm in the middle of the night, and gray, gray, gray skies, today has been gorgeous. Sunny 60ish degrees (F), and supposedly down in the high 30's tonight. /sigh/ :)

Sweet!, low 60s here for a high, another clear, bright day.:)

Weather here was not bad for Feb. I was near the beach today. It was a bit overcast but nice - in the high 60s. I do wish it would rain though. We could use it.

northern CA, USA

Monday afternoon: warm, gorgeous
Thursday AM: 32 degrees, similar most of the day
Friday: AM drizzle, now rainy, AGAIN (it was rainy and floody last month)

bren said:
Friday: AM drizzle, now rainy, AGAIN (it was rainy and floody last month)

I wish that would head down our way. The hills were all on fire a week or so ago. My lawn looks like a wasteland (I'm too cheap to water during the winter:eek: )

It's cold, grey, and yucky here. We have a chance of snow tomorrow and some time next week. Much as I hate to say it, I hope we get a lot of the white stuff since we've had no moisture since November.

We've gone from record highs to nearly record lows in the last two weeks. Dropped thirty degrees just like that -- bam.

We need the snow too, but I guess we'll take what we get.

Back