• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

If you could meet any one who would you meet?

harrypotterrox

I would loooove to see who everyone would like to meet... If i could choose anyone in the world it would probably be JK Rowling or Bonnie Wright (of course) !!!

Who do you want to meet?

HPRox!!! :D

franka potente!!!!!!!! i love her...

RunLolaRunSoundtrack.jpg

I actually met Franka more than once. She is a very nice person.
But back to the topic, I might say, I'd like to meet Kurt Tucholsky.

Queen Elizabeth I. Preferably before she carked it. I'm not terribly fond of zombies.

~~LOL~~

In similar mode, if it was just one, I'd opt for Otto von Bismarck, since I consider him to have been a fascinating, complex character, who was far from the simplistic, warmongering Junker that he has been portrayed as in the West since WWII (when it suddenly became fashionable to blame Nazism on Prussian 'militarism', German unification and, therefore, Bismarck).

I'd love to meet the Bismarck who cried and smashed teacups against the walls of the Reichstag when he was trying to get his way with the old Kaiser. The Bismarck who loved the waltz and Gilbert & Sullivan operas and good wine. The Bismarck who introduced pensions and welfare for ordinary Germans decades before anyone else did. The Bismarck who, by diplomatic moves, kept the peace in Europe for quite some years.

Living? The Dali Lama

Dead? Jesus. I want to see how much stuff got jumbled over the last 2000 years.

I'd have cigars with Winston Churchill and talk about what a wuss Chamberlain was.

I'd love to meet Bill Clinton and talk about his humanitarian work that he's been doing since leaving the White House.
I'd also love to have lunch with The Edge (U2). From what I understand he's brilliant. I bet the conversation would be fascinating. (I'd have to take my 9 year old son with me, he's inthralled with him.)

~~LOL~~

In similar mode, if it was just one, I'd opt for Otto von Bismarck, since I consider him to have been a fascinating, complex character, who was far from the simplistic, warmongering Junker that he has been portrayed as in the West since WWII (when it suddenly became fashionable to blame Nazism on Prussian 'militarism', German unification and, therefore, Bismarck).
/QUOTE]

Ridiculous, considering how much the Prussians hated Hitler. yeech.
He would be a good one to meet.

But I think I'd have to opt for [Stuart] King Charles II, always been fascinated by him.

Stupid me...but I have no desire to meet anyone "famous." I would, however, love to meet some of the many people I've met on online forums that I consider my online "friends." I don't care if they're dorks or geeks or 350lbs or White/Black/Asian/Hispanic/Latino/Polynesian. They're my modern day pen pals.

I am NOT speaking of anyone in this forum, however. I don't know any of you well enough.

Back