• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Jersey Shore

So, wait, let me get this straight; that .gif of a guy punching a girl in the face isn't from a scripted show? I've been wondering how long it would take before beating up women was considered entertainment again...

That's so interesting... I mean, people get all riled up over stereotypes, but they do know people just like that. When I was younger, I would get upset about Texans being all cowboys and hicks... but you know what? I know a lot of people just like that.
I think Kevin Smith puts New Jersey in a positive light. Since I was younger, I wanted to be apart of his viewaskewniverse.
---
Fist-pumping! I forgot about that. It's really funny.

I know a lot of Italian-Americans and NJers are offended by the mere existence of this show. As someone who is part of both groups, I just sit back and laugh since I've seen and even met several people who would get along with the cast just fine*. Not to say those who speak out against the show are completely in the wrong; something showing a more positive portrayal of New Jersey would be nice.

*The fist-pumping, however, is new to me. Also, two people who used to live near me was featured in two episodes of this show. The one girl, nicknamed "The Grenade" was rowdier than I remember her being pre-JS, but her sister ("The Grenade Launcher") didn't change a bit.

Our dreams have come true:

Jersey Shore' to return for 2nd season
The Associated Press

Saturday, January 30, 2010 4:05 AM EST

SANTA MONICA, Calif. (AP) — MTV's "Jersey Shore" will be back for a second season.

The network's president of programming Tony DiSanto said Friday that 12 new episodes will air this summer.

According to the network, Pauly D, Mike, Snooki, Jenni, Sammi, Ronnie and Vinny escape the cold northeast and find themselves in a new destination.

The show about tanned twenty-somethings hasn't been without controversy.

In December, the New Jersey Italian American Legislative Caucus called for MTV to cancel the show, saying it promotes derogatory ethnic stereotypes and is "wildly offensive."

MTV isn't revealing how much the cast members are being paid to do the show.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

I have a feeling that Season 2 is going to feel forced and less entertaining. And if it's going to take place in a different location, why bother using the Jersey Shore title?

I guess right now, the cast is holding out for a ton of money. The ratings went through the roof and they want more dinero. Quite frankly, I'm surprised Mtv doesn't tell them to take a hike and put in a whole new crew who will be just as outlandish and hungry for the opportunity.

Yeah, I can't imagine that it will be near as good as the first season. For one thing, everyone knows who they are now, so the randomness will be toned down a lot.

I guess right now, the cast is holding out for a ton of money. The ratings went through the roof and they want more dinero. Quite frankly, I'm surprised Mtv doesn't tell them to take a hike and put in a whole new crew who will be just as outlandish and hungry for the opportunity.

It is funny, I am a little ashamed I live in a society where we give a few folks like these an opertunity to hold out for a ton of money. Oh well....

I chuckled when Snooki said she felt like a "Pilgrim from the 20's". Either she meant to say the 1620's or the NY public school system really is in bad shape ;).

I chuckled when Snooki said she felt like a "Pilgrim from the 20's". Either she meant to say the 1620's or the NY public school system really is in bad shape ;).

I doubted she meant to say 1620's:lol:,it's probably the latter or she was too busy self tanning herself with that spray in school.teeeheee

Season 3, episode 1 recap:

Ronnie and Sammi are the first to arrive at the house. They promptly take the prized upstairs bedroom with three beds. This creates confusion and chaos as no one wants to be the third wheel in that room. "The situation" arrives and is not happy to assume the third wheel role. Snooki arrives with Deena, her new friend who replaces Angelina in the house. Deena gets very drunk and acts provactively towards "The situation." She then tries to get him to wake up and "have fun" downstairs when Sammi laughs at her. Deena retreats to the downstairs and starts a huge tirade against Sammi, who then provoked, goes downstairs. A yelling match between the girls ensues as the guys stare with eyes wide open, unsure what to do. Battle lines are drawn as Sammi faces a trifecta of Snooki, Deena, and jwoww. The episode ends with a preview of a fist fight between Jenni(jwoww) and Sammi.

I hate to admit it, but I was hooked. I'm not certain if it was the mindless bacchanalian behavior, but I think that had a large part to do with it. I also got a kick out muscle bound Ronnie knocking people out left and right.

Jersey Shore home link

I am speechless.

Did you realize you are making them money, but they are not doing anything for your family.

My quote is this "your favorite star probably doesn't even want to meet you"

Did you realize you are making them money, but they are not doing anything for your family.

Be honest, did you attend the NYU conference?:whistling:

Jersey shore academic conference

Situational Ethics: Would you jump on the grenade? by Derek Parfit. Abstract: We can, I think, describe situations where we should hook up. But are there situations where it is impossible to say if we should hook up? My targets are two. First, he who wishes to hook up but is hindered by the third wheel. Second, he who wishes to hook up but can only do so with the third wheel. Some people say they are different, but they are not.

I . . . actually find Sammi to be interesting this time. She's still annoying and dumb, but she had some funny remarks. Surprisingly enough, I ended up liking the new castmate more than I thought I would.

Back