• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

I saw Clash of the Titans over the weekend and have to say it was pretty disappointing. It was trying to be like Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring by going from places to places but it didn't work for me. I was disappointed Liam Neeson didn't have a bigger role in the movie. There was also a scene with the sword practice in the woods with the cheesey music. It was unintentional comedy and it should have been a deleted scene 6/10

Grown ups

You would think with all these comedians it would rock,but nope.
:star3:
Aw... boo.

---
Dario Argento's Suspiria last night.
Umm... it was slow and weird. The editing was strange. Lacked in transitions, bad dialogue...

However, the set design was AMAZING. I would like to see a remake with the same set. The music was cool too.

I'd been wanting to watch this movie since I was a little girl. I remember always being drawn to it when I was at the video store with my parents. I'm glad I finally got to see it.
:star2:.5

The Ruins. I have this DVD in Thai language but last night saw it on satellite tv. It is not bad horror movie but I think could have been better except for 1 totally unbelievable detail which I wont give away but you will know what I mean if you watch this.

Left Bank(Linkeroever) ~ nice little Belgian horror flick, kinda like an urban Wicker Man. Has a slow burn, folklore mystery feel up until the the last reel where everything is ratcheted up to a wtf ending. The copious nudity didn't hurt either. :star3:

I saw Clash of the Titans over the weekend and have to say it was pretty disappointing. It was trying to be like Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring by going from places to places but it didn't work for me. I was disappointed Liam Neeson didn't have a bigger role in the movie. There was also a scene with the sword practice in the woods with the cheesey music. It was unintentional comedy and it should have been a deleted scene 6/10

I just saw this as well and didn't think it was to good. I actually like the 1980's Clash Of The Titans better.

amedia.ifcfilms.com_images_films_film_media_movie_poster_large_valhalla_rising_poster_280x415.jpg

A strange and surreal tone poem filled with blood and mysticism. The poster makes it look like 300, but it's about as far from that as possible. :star4:

I went and saw The Other Guys,it was funny,not Hangover material but funny non the less.
With the cast of Dwayne Johnson,Samuel Jackson,Mark Warlberg and Michael Keaton,Will Farrell stole all the scenes.:star4:

Detective Allen Gamble, Detective Terry Hoitz and P.K. Highsmith:
P.K. Highsmith: Ay ay ay if I want to hear you talk I will shove my arm up your ass and work your mouth like a puppet.

True Romance. So many good performances here. The actors that really stood out were Gary Oldman (playing a Rastafarian wannabe) and Christopher Walken as a Mafia boss.

Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday. Since today happens to be the 13th, I had to watch at least one film in the series ;). Not great, but I liked it better than the other F13 films I've seen.

I saw Up In the Air the other night. It was very interesting and refreshing not to see remakes and sequels these days. I thought George Clooney did an outstanding job. My favorite line of the whole movie was when he was on the plane and the attendant asked if he wanted "cancer" and he said "excuse me" then she replied "do you want the can sir?". Oh man that was great! 7/10

Notorious :star5:
Alfred Hitchock, starring Cary Grant & Ingrid Bergman - It doesn't get much better than this.

The Philadelphia Story :star5:
I had forgotten how funny this movie is.

Back