• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

We watched Lust for Life the other night. This is a Hollywood biopic of the artist Vincent van Gogh, played by a very young Kirk Douglas. Somehow we missed it the first time around, 50 years ago.

It was better than expected. Douglas seemed to be overacting at times but how do I know? Van Gogh was admittedly a disturbed individual, so Douglas played him disturbed.

What I liked best was the recreation of scenes shown in some of the pictures, for example, the potato eaters around the table and the wheat fields with the crows.

I would like to see that movie, mostly due to David Duchovny's appearance in it.

I watched The Crow this weekend. Trying to get into the Halloween spirit a bit early . . .

I recently watched 'About Schmidt'. Wonderful story, wonderful acting and just a great movie, really. You can't really go wrong with Jack Nicholson and Kathy Bates, though.

In theaters: Saw V. Nothing we haven't seen before in previous installments, but I liked it nonetheless.

On TV/DVD/computer/whatever: the 2003 version of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Not nearly as bad as the critics will have you believe . . .

Back