• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

In theaters: Saw V. Nothing we haven't seen before in previous installments, but I liked it nonetheless.

On TV/DVD/computer/whatever: the 2003 version of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Not nearly as bad as the critics will have you believe . . .

I haven't seen V yet,but Saw one was chilling good and two was ok.

I haven't seen V yet,but Saw one was chilling good and two was ok.

Yeah, the first one is my favorite in the series (as well as the third). I don't know if you're really interested in continuing with the series but if you want to see Part V you should watch the previous two installments.

Midsummer Night's Dream

I saw a ballet production of "A Midsummer Night's Dream" over the weekend (by the Northern Ballet Company) and it was excellent, although somewhat strangely they had speech in it. A bit of talking in the first act to set up a couple of laughs, and then at the end they had Puck's whole epilogue read (or strictly I think lip-synced).

I only note it because, a couple of week previously I saw their production of "A Tale of Two Cities" (not as good), and I though that really missed the scaffold speech at the end. Still, one rule for Bill, another for everyone else!

Yeah, the first one is my favorite in the series (as well as the third). I don't know if you're really interested in continuing with the series but if you want to see Part V you should watch the previous two installments.

I will be doing that eventually,I don't like missing parts in between.

Last night we rented the latest Indiana Jones movie (Crystal Skull). It served to re-confirm that my husband should not be allowed to pick the movie's. I had heard it was bad and I had heard correct, it was disappointing. I really liked the previous ones but I was alot younger then, maybe more easily impressed.

Silliest chase scene's I've ever seen. Milktoast villain. Blah.

As a special "thank you" to my hubby for subjecting us to that he will have to sit through Stephen King's "It" tonight. (He's not a king fan.)

Last night we rented the latest Indiana Jones movie (Crystal Skull). It served to re-confirm that my husband should not be allowed to pick the movie's. I had heard it was bad and I had heard correct, it was disappointing. I really liked the previous ones but I was alot younger then, maybe more easily impressed.

Silliest chase scene's I've ever seen. Milktoast villain. Blah.

As a special "thank you" to my hubby for subjecting us to that he will have to sit through Stephen King's "It" tonight. (He's not a king fan.)

LOL,I agree ,it was not good,expected more and was very dissapointing.

Just saw Bringing Up Baby with Katherine Hepburn (not exactly current!) Absolutely brilliant. I laughed out loud throughout!

Kind regards

Louisa

The last movie in theatre's I saw was Saw V. It was pretty good. I'm not a huge fan of the whole blood and gore thing. I go because my boyfriend loves them! lol. I like the plot that runs through all of the movies though. At home.......I think it was MI:III. At least I'm pretty sure anyways. I loved that one. I'm always up for some action!

Just saw Bringing Up Baby with Katherine Hepburn (not exactly current!) Absolutely brilliant. I laughed out loud throughout!

Kind regards

Louisa
haha i was forced to watch that when i was little i was pissed...but then i realized its kinda funny and plus has a stump leopard in it.

last night i watched........

THE WARRIORS

i always liked the baseball furies when i was little even though they kinda scared me.
20051215-furies.jpg

Love The Warriors! One of my fave flicks growing up and I couldn't count how many times I've seen it. I think I bought the dvd of it the day it come out. Baseball Furies, the Turnbull AC's, the Gramercy Riffs, and of course, my personal fave, The Lezzies!

Waaaaaarrrrrrrrrioooooorrrrrs, come out to plaaaaaaayyyyyyy

On an eastern binge at the mo. Watched:

-Ong Bak. Alright no plot but that's not really why you watch martial arts films. The lack of wirework and CGI made a refreshing change. The fight where the bar ends up trashed was pretty well choreographed and makes the admission price alone.

-Bang Rajan. It was ok I guess but the first 20 mins were rubbish and the characters didn't really involve in the same way the same way Seven Samurai or maginficent 7 did. Very average despite the hype.

Anyway am going through Band of Brothers[/i] which I've not seen for years. For some reason I prefer the series to the book.

Back