• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Laugh Out Loud Funny

Catch-22- Heller of course
Animal Farm- Orwell in it's own twisted way
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead- Stoppard that was a lolzer if ever there was one!

The Monkey Wrench Gang - Edward Abbey I love the humor in that book
and whenever I think of Hayduke calling Janis Joplin "Janis Jalopy" i laugh.

The Monkey Wrench Gang - Edward Abbey I love the humor in that book
and whenever I think of Hayduke calling Janis Joplin "Janis Jalopy" i laugh.

Do you perchance remember this...."My name is Hayduke and I'm a hippie.".

And The Monkey Wrench Gang is a book I reread every year or two and which never, ever fails to entertain.

Remember the billboard and the chainsaw? And all the peanut butter in the dynamite boxes?

B.

Do you perchance remember this...."My name is Hayduke and I'm a hippie.".

And The Monkey Wrench Gang is a book I reread every year or two and which never, ever fails to entertain.

Remember the billboard and the chainsaw? And all the peanut butter in the dynamite boxes?

B.

heh I remember everything about that book. It's one of my favorites and I love Edward abbey books. Hayduke Lives! however although I liked it, it hardly had any of them in it I thought and was a let down somewhat.

I have liked Christopher Buckley's Thank You For Smoking. Attempted murder by nicotine patch had me rolling.

I also laughed alot during Marley and Me. I hold this book responsible for the fact that I now own a labrador retriever. A law suite is pending. (Although I guess the author will just say I was warned.):)

Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore

I loved it RedDeath.
You might want to try The stupidest angel,
A Dirty job is not so good.
I think Moore is very good with dum angel(the one in the lamb is good:D)
Also got his last The Fool

awww.chrismoore.com_images_covers_Fool_US_sm.png

I loved it RedDeath.
You might want to try The stupidest angel,
A Dirty job is not so good.
I think Moore is very good with dum angel(the one in the lamb is good:D)
Also got his last The Fool

I'll definitely try The Stupidest Angel.:cool: I also read A Dirty Job and I found it entertaining, although you're right, it's not as good as Lamb. :)

Books that make me laugh out loud:

Most anything by Tom Robbins

Most anything by James Branch Cabell, although there is an undercurrent of sadness to his books as well, so they also make me cry when I actually think about what is being said or implied. His best and most well-known book is Jurgen.

The book I am reading now by Mark Helprin called Freddy and Fredericka. This book completely catches me off guard. There is wisdom in here, but also an often silly Monty Python type of humor. I haven't finished it yet, but there have been one or two moments when I had to put the book down I was laughing so hard.

Here is one example of the humor:

"Freddy, can't we just go to the disco and talk about this tomorrow? Life is slipping away."

"No, life is right here. We don't have to go anywhere. Kafka never left Prague."

"There are a lot of discos in Prague. I've been to them. I may have danced with Kafka."

"Probably not: he was a bit of a bug."

The first several Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich. Yeah, they'll make you pee! Especially Grandma Mazur, she's my favorite.

In all honesty, Atlas Shrugged made me laugh quite a bit. She's got some good thoughts, but I think some of her ideas are just way too far out there.

I'd like to add three.

"Shelf Monkey" by Corey Redekop
"Marvellous Hairy" by Mark A. Rayner
"The Great American Novel" by Phillip Roth

Back