• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

MLK quotes you are unlikely to hear on Fox News or Glenn Beck's show today

Seriously?, there goes one of our more thoughtful members when it came to the non-fiction section. Just great.

That's really sad that CMF left us. He was one of the few here that I respected along with Libra and Sparkchaser. I do agree with him that people who are miserable are the one that hates the world and try to put everybody down and make them as miserable as they are.

That's really sad that CMF left us.

Regrettable perhaps, but forums have widely different personalities just as people do, and people come and go until they find a forum where they are comfortable. I haven't seen much that can be done about it.

I tried to make people stay before but they chewed through their Ethernet cables and got away. :sad:

Hello again forum. I did say I was quitting writing to forum but I never did stop reading it every day and since people here have been kind enough to think of chiangmaifalcon I think would be rude not to reply. Yes people are right I quit based on certain discussion about Christmas. I am sensitive to this subject partly because I am Christian and in Buddhist country so already feel like minority and conscious about religion. Also even more my wife and her mother who are Thai and Lao became Christian themselves and so they really are not exactly discriminated against but it is more like Buddhists think they are just crazy. before anyone thinks I am missionary I am not. Wife and mother change religion after talking to Thai Christian lady who sold us new house.

Anyway I come back and I did miss discussing with you all as I do not get to talk about books much here. Also jimthompson you can send me pm as I do not know how to do it but I think you and I would agree on many things as expats in Asia nd apparently around same age as are most expats here from US.

One more message is since almost all expats read alot, probably since most are retired and have free time and also to keep connection with past life in western world, I have told several of them about forum and they all say they will check it out.

Hello falcon. Glad to see fellow expat is a member of forum. As you see from reading this thread, people missed your participation. I think beergood thinks you and I are same person. I was thinking, what if I am one of those people with more than one personality and this is true. Or maybe you are the one with multiple personalities and one is me. What if I am really in Chiang Mai and only imagine I am here. What if I am here and imagine I am in Chiang Mai. What if I am in both places? Think of the money I am spending on airline tickets. Actually I cannot be both people as falcon's wife is also a forum member. But what if I imagined her also. I hope she is hot. Or even stranger, maybe falcon's wife is really me also. Then I can do as many people suggest, and go f*** myself. After reading this post, Falcon, it is unlikely you will really want to send me PM. Unless you are my other personality and I can PM myself. Stay up all night talking to myself on the forum. Okay, I am scared now. I think I better go talk to the monks.

Hey Falcon, I'm glad you set the record straight. I hope you come back and continue to be part of this forum and if you decline then I will understand.

Hello falcon. Glad to see fellow expat is a member of forum. As you see from reading this thread, people missed your participation. I think beergood thinks you and I are same person. I was thinking, what if I am one of those people with more than one personality and this is true. Or maybe you are the one with multiple personalities and one is me. What if I am really in Chiang Mai and only imagine I am here. What if I am here and imagine I am in Chiang Mai. What if I am in both places? Think of the money I am spending on airline tickets. Actually I cannot be both people as falcon's wife is also a forum member. But what if I imagined her also. I hope she is hot. Or even stranger, maybe falcon's wife is really me also. Then I can do as many people suggest, and go f*** myself. After reading this post, Falcon, it is unlikely you will really want to send me PM. Unless you are my other personality and I can PM myself. Stay up all night talking to myself on the forum. Okay, I am scared now. I think I better go talk to the monks.

Taking deep breaths helps.:D

Yes thank you all. I will rejoin forum and really never left as although I did not write postings I still read the forum all the time and so keep up om what people are saying and about books of course. I have been busy with new house and farm as well as business but still always find time for reading.

Back