• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Poll: How old is the average reader on this Forum?

How old are the readers on this forum?

• under 18

Votes: 29 15.2%
  • 19-29

Votes: 81 42.4%
  • 30-40

Votes: 44 23.0%
  • 40+

Votes: 37 19.4%

• Total voters
hahaha i would PAY to see you do yoga. And as much as i drink ive never had gin. Do you drink that straight?or mixed???im not even sure what it is. I figured it was like a brandy but im not sure. But people seem to like it.

Gin is a neutral spirit like vodka but has aromatics added like juniper. Yummy.

hi all,
i am 23 years old.
even though i have been reading in my mother tongue since my childhood, english literature i started reading from the past one year.
that's why i am reading all the old classics along with few contemporary books.
cheers

hi all,
i am 23 years old.
even though i have been reading in my mother tongue since my childhood, english literature i started reading from the past one year.
that's why i am reading all the old classics along with few contemporary books.
cheers

I am 27 from Punjab, India. I just started reading after I found this forums but I was doing analysis, experimentation and thinking about political and economic structures from last 4 years, mainly through articles on internet and documentaries.

I'm 20 years old and I started reading just when I was able to read, think at the age of 7 or so.
Before my mum read to me. Thought that this would be usual, but I don't think it's natural anymore. Sad.
IMO it it really important to begin sparking interest in reading at a young age. Children learn so much when reading and it's also improving their spelling, their faculty of expression and so on. Reading helped me a lot in school, for my Abitur and for my further education.

Almost the big 2-1... always been interested in reading, but just recently (about 2 years ago) became really reading out the whazoo!

As I said before I'm 21 and it's nice to see that most of people in these forums are 20 or more.

I really like to read and I hope I will never have a severe lack of time for this great habit. I want to keep the readings during the graduation (sometimes there is a exam or whatever else that eventually comes out, but generally I find some time to read in the weekends); and even after I graduate. That's how life has to be, concerning it's supposed to be good.

The problem with trying to answer the charge that young people aren't reading anymore is that the non-readers generally don't show up to answer polls about reading! Having taught college English for the last 25 years, I've come under the impression that ten percent of college students do ninety percent of the reading. This might hold up in the general population, but I have no data. Interestingly, I heard somewhere--nice attribution, huh--that during the television actors' strike, book sales were way up. AND...when was the last time you saw a lot of grownups lined up at a bookstore in the middle of the night dressed as their favorite book's character awaiting it's release?

Hey, I was just pointing out the uniqueness of old ladies in the poll. I'm actually a younger old lady since I'm being technical. I'm so-o-o-o young, my eldest (21) is still at home.

Thanks for the flower, ABC and one more for you.:flowers:

Back