• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pontiac/AquaBlue on Christmas

Oh and this...I do care, tremendously, about this board. Do not doubt that for a nanosecond. It won't be easy for me to exit if that is choice given me. I wholeheartedly desire to remain on-board! I am just taking a step back and waiting to see what you guys say or not say, which is the worse possible thing. Silence is a loud cry if you get my meaning.

Pontiac, I suggest you relax a little. Nobody but nobody is talking about your leaving this board, so don't even worry about that or raise it as a possibility. As for silence, it may just be that many people are not tuned into this conversation or interested in taking part in it if they are tuned in. Third, there are indeed many people on this board, and many may have commuicated with you and all of us in discussions. In my opinion, and opinions may differ, that doesn't necessarily mean "friendship." It may only mean "acuaintanceship," or maybe not even that. Many people may simply put forth their comments without feeling attachment to anyone. And when one has a different viewpopint it frequently happens that one stands alone, no matter how many "friends" one thought one previously had. So please don't expect miracles and camraderie in the current circumstance. I agree with you that unkind things should not be said during discussions, but just be glad it is not worse than it is, and count one's personal blessings. This discussion, after all, is only pieces of virtual paper with opinions written on them passing back and forth between strangers. Ultimately it all means nothing.

Merry Christmas
Happy New Near
Be of good cheer
Peder

The price of wool is up. $1.60 per pound.
Jebus appeared on my apple tart. He tasted good.
Happy holidays one and all.
Pontiac, I clicked on your link. What you get up to with trees is your business, I have a thing for hedges so I can't judge. Discourse? Sure, let's do that.

I do not really understand much of what people are saying here. I will say what I do understand. I am Christian and it is Christmas. People can believe in Jesus or Buddha or Zeus or science or whatever. But there is common decency which to me says respect the other persons beliefs. I would not tell someone to believe in God. But do not tell me I am wrong to believe. Let me tell you something. When I was being shot at I did not expect science would help me. There are no atheists in foxholes. I would not be here today if not for help from God because there is no scientific explanation for things that I myself have seen. I know for a fact that Jesus helped me because I was there and no one here on forum was. No science book you can pull out can change the fact these things happened to me. I would not make fun or insult someones illness as to do this is no class. To send out internet messages on Christmas about there is no God is also no class. I have seen people with lives who are more terrible than most of us could ever endure and yet these same people have found peace and happiness in their lives from religion. Science will not do this. Most of the people I know who are always going on against religion are also the most negative, unhappy and miserable people. I joined this forum because I love to read books. I figured other people on forum also did and therefore had acquired wisdom but I see perhaps I am wrong. Most people know not to insult people's religion, family or country. However some people who read all the time apparently have not learned common decency. Of course reading about zombies and serial killers will not really teach anyone these things. I myself, like the other guy here, am finished with forum because I do not need aggravation on Christmas. Here is my final advice and can take it or leave it as applies to Christmas. Either say Merry Christmas, or just keep your mouth shut. At least for one day.
Merry Christmas

Wow, This thread is something else- Carlos cycled several times here and nothing was accomplished. Merry Christmas everyone :)

And I feel, AB, that if feel it's right to use your illness as a defence then you can't really grumble when people mention it. After all, you put it out there in the public domain. If you were precious about it, then don't mention it to a bunch of strangers, and don't use it as a line of defence.

Merry Winter Festival.

It's Christmas?

It's Christmastime, there's no need to be afraid
At Christmastime, we let in light and we banish shade

And in our world of plenty we can spread a smile of joy
Throw your arms around the world at Christmastime

But say a prayer, Pray for the other ones
At Christmastime it's hard, but when you're having fun

There's a world outside your window
And it's a world of dread and fear

etc.

A year goes fast and it looks like this one ends on a different note.
I pray that all goes well with AquaBlue, since the topic has been brought up.
General well wishes to come separately.
I'm thinking. :cool:

I've been drinking Glühwein, hot mead, and Feuerzangenbowle almost every night since Nov. 26.

Although it sounds strange, hot caipirinhas are really popular right now and pretty damn tasty. Plus it has the added benefit of keeping me from getting scurvy.

Back