• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Question Game

At first I thought, No I didn't...but then actually, I did. My father set up I think it was one of those "Roy Rogers" tents in the back yard, way back in the bananna trees, and I still have a picture of me reading out there when I was about 4 years old. Good Memories. :)

What is your favorite dictionary?

I have an Oxford Complete Wordfinder, dictionary, thesaurus mix that I use all the time.

Do you do crossword puzzles?

Mt. Rainer came out of hiding, it's huge, beautiful and very close. On a clear day (few and far between in WA) I can see it from my window :)

What is your fave view from your home?

From the second story window, I can see first of all the field behind the house, but then the woods. Its so peaceful and quiet around here. And whats nicer is that I don't think those woods can be developed as they are considered wet lands. But there are houses on the other side that at night we can see their back door lights except in the summer the foliage pretty much hides them.
Aside from that, I love to just look at my bookcases and think about what I've read, and what I going to read next. :)

Azaleas or Roses, and why.

MonkeyCatcher said:
I have never had a telemarketer ring our house - I'm not sure if we have them in NZ

(yes we do MC, they just obviously haven't got your number yet, you lucky thing. And they DO ring at tea-time :mad: )

Old-fashioned roses Pontalba, I am besotted with them. I especially like the big blousy ones and the single ones. They smell wonderful.

Do you like sun-rise or sun-set the best?

I think a nice sunset over the ocean beats it all. But sunrises are nice too. Or so I've heard :)

Are you planning your summer vacation yet?

Our summer vacation will be a wedding trip to Salina Ks..for our daughter's wedding..I doubt we can affford even that:rolleyes:

Have you ever ridden in a Ford Model T? (I have, its sitting in our garage)

abecedarian said:
Our summer vacation will be a wedding trip to Salina Ks..for our daughter's wedding..I doubt we can affford even that:rolleyes:

Have you ever ridden in a Ford Model T? (I have, its sitting in our garage)
No! But would love to, hey! Maybe Breaca and I can pick you up on the way to NYC, and we can all drive it from your house! (dream, dream, dreaming) :cool: :D

Do you own an SUV/Jeep type vehicle? If so do you want ot downsize?

I don't even know how to drive! I own a Carte Intégrale, it's a year long metro/bus pass but with all the recent strikes and all the stuff that's been going on lately, I've been doing a lot of walking...

The devil you know or the devil you don't know?

That's a good question, I guess you never know until after. I'll go with the saying and say "better the devil you know".

Best non-fiction book you ever read?

Best non-fiction? Oh sure, ask a tough one! One of my top favs is All Over But the Shoutin by Rick Bragg. I laughed, cried, and identified..

What is your favorite breakfast cereal?

Ronny said:
cinnimon life

What's the funniest thing a stranger has said to you?

"Don't you know what causes all those babies?" ( Responses vary according to whim:rolleyes: )

Do you live in the same area where you grew up?

No, I'm quite far from home, I'm from Mobile, Alabama and currently live in Olympia Washington.

What's something your hometown has that you would truely miss if you had to move away?

Ronny said:
No, I'm quite far from home, I'm from Mobile, Alabama and currently live in Olympia Washington.

What's something your hometown has that you would truely miss if you had to move away?

Wind..lots of it! I've heard it said that one way to detect a native Kansan is that they're the ones who HAVE to have moving air to breathe..and it's true! I could live anywhere on the prairies and be fine, but get me where the wind doesn't blow much and I feel odd. As for what I'd miss about Wichita in particular..I guess its the garage sales.

Have you started working on your summer tan?

I don't tan, I burn and then get freckles, :eek: so I'm stocked up with lots of hats and sunscreen, trees are my friends :D

Do you prefer ice tea or lemonade?

Back