• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Finished

Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens... very slow story, but written beautiful. You just don't find modern books written as beautiful as this. His sentences flow together very well and some of them are very thought provoking and philosophical.

The Hellbound Heart - Clive Barker
Slugs - Shaun Hutson

Both great (and very enjoyable) examples of British 1980s horror novels.

I finished Echelon Vendetta and although I complain about mistakes in details in other posting I still find it to be a very exciting and ingernious story. My only problem with book is that I believe writer david Stone is not honest about his background. He should not say he is former intelligence or law enforcement or military if he is not as this is dishonor to people who were. However he is still a good writer and I will still look for next book in this series.

The Fourth Man - K.O.Dahl. Interesting story. Extremely complicated telling. Well worth the read.

The Monkey’s Raincoat - Robert Crais

His first novel and I can tell that he's gotten better with his written. His is really quirky and funny at times with this book. I like him but not as great as Michael Connelly. :star3:

Gabrielle,
It is a long read, as you have already seen, but not particularly difficult to read. It is just longish, and some have said boring, with a lot of words and scenes that go on forever. Its major parts are only very loosely connected, if at all, and finally one wonders what to make of it. I would say there is not much love interest, not much dramatic conflict, and not much action compared to more conventional novels, and one can easily wonder why it took so many words to tell the story it tells. However, if you like long, slow novels then . . .

Peder

I will plunge in then. It can't be any worse than 'Ulysses'.

I will plunge in then. It can't be any worse than 'Ulysses'.

It [2666] is certainly easier, being written in narrative English that we recognize. The theme or purpose or plot (if any) is not so easy to recognize, however, and different readers see it differently -- even vociferously differently. :whistling:
It will be interesting to hear your reactions.
I wish you well.
Happy reading!

Back