• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Finished

Wide Sargasso Sea, by Jean Rhys :star3:
An interesting prequel to Jane Eyre. It didn't change my opinion on Mr. Rochester but made me understand better his behaviour on Jane Eyre.

Titan by Stephen Baxter :star4: Enjoyable Sci-fi about a manned mission to Saturn's moon TItan,while on Earth we turn upon ourselves.

Caleb's Crossing by Geraldine Brooks. A fabulous work of historical fiction. Brooks managed to weave a beautiful tapestry of words by using scant historical details and a fertile imagination. :star4:

Eyes of the Innocent - easy read but the problem I have with Brad Parks is that he doesn't develop the villian well enough for me to root against him. What I love about both of his books is that they are very humorous. 3/5

Still Alice - Lisa Genova :star4:

Alice's Adventures In Wonderland - Lewis Carroll :star3:

Cherry Bomb - J.A.Konrath :star4:

Hitomi Kanehara, Snakes And Earrings. Short, provocative novel by a 19-year-old about a 19-year-old. Lots of sex, body modifications, etc. Not bad, but Almost Transparent Blue it ain't. :star3:

Hi Brk 3 - Is that Dean Koontz book a horror one? That's what he usually writes isn't it? Haven't read any of his books for some time but am always open to suggestions if they aren't too horrifying. momac :)

On Beauty - Zadie Smith :star3:

Struggled through this one but the last 50 pages made up for the first 400 dragging so much.

Three Day Road by Joseph Boyden :star4: Brutal but often beautiful story of two Canadian Native Indians who fight in WW1.

Back