• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

I picked up "Ensel und Krete" by Walter Moers today. I loved "The 13 1/2 lives of captain bluebear" by him...
Besides, "L'etranger" by Albert Camus to work a bit on my french and "The Code Book" by Simon Singh.

I bought Fahrenheit 451 and Animal Farm. I was thinking about buying Foucault's Pendulum-Umberto Eco next and Good Omens-Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett from the reviews I've been reading on this site. Thanks :rolleyes:

I recently bought A Clash of Kings by George RR Martin & The Rule of Four by Ian Caldwell and Dustin Thomason.

I have to await the arrival of Martin's book by mail, and will start "Rule" tonight. I've all ready seen a few cracks on the book listed in the forum and wondered what faults they found in it.

A partial quote from Nelson Demille, on the back cover reads... "If Scott Fitzgerald, Umberto Eco, and Dan Brown teamed up to write a novel, the result would be The Rule of Four" . That's not why I bought it, but it's a provocative tease.

RaVeN

Just purchased The Dragon Queen and Raven Warrior by Alice Borchardt and Boudica: Dreaming the Eagle by Manda Scott :)

Finished the Moviegoer last night....great book. Picked up SlaughterHouse Five....I have a feeling this one won't take long though.

Finally I have some new books coming my way:

Changing Places: A Tale of Two Campuses

American Pie: A Novel (not associated with the movie)

Excellent Women

The Mother Tongue

RaVeN said:
A partial quote from Nelson Demille, on the back cover reads... "If Scott Fitzgerald, Umberto Eco, and Dan Brown teamed up to write a novel, the result would be The Rule of Four".

I had a snigger at that quote on the back too. Putting the Scott Fitzgerald and Eco in the same sentence as that other guy.

I've got the book but I'm not going to read it until I've read my copy of Hypnerotomachia Poliphili. I don't expect much from The Rule of Four - I just hope that it's well written and plotted.

I'm doing this for you Ash.

One thousand one
One thousand two
One thousand three
One thousand four
One thousand five
One thousand six
One thousand seven
One thousand eight
One thousand nine
One thousand ten

It didn't work. :mad:

RaVeN

RaVeN said:

One thousand one
One thousand two
One thousand three
One thousand four
One thousand five
One thousand six
One thousand seven
One thousand eight
One thousand nine
One thousand ten

RaVeN

Thanks. :)

RaVeN said:

One thousand one
One thousand two
One thousand three
One thousand four
One thousand five
One thousand six
One thousand seven
One thousand eight
One thousand nine
One thousand ten

Nicely cryptic. ;)

You know, on a guitar forum I used to frequent, the owner particularly hated a certain brand of guitar. Personally I think they just rocked too hard for him to handle. :D Anyhoo, he really hated people mentioning these guitars, so he put the name into the swear filter. It would be unfortunate for anyone whose name is Dan, and hampering to discussions involving poo and chocolate, but I propose 'Dan Brown' be treated as a dirty word and henceforth be refered to only as *** *****.

On a side note to follow along with the actual thread.....Just purchased Galapagos and am looking forward to cracking it open tonight. I read Slaughter House Five straight through a couple of days ago after falling in love with Vonnegut's writing. However, I do think that there was room for my interest if the book was based on a different topic, so I can't wait to read some of his others. Here I goooooo..............

Just for a test, I did not buy a book by $#* %&@*#.

I'm waiting to receive in the mail 5 books from Chapters. Good Omens, Great Expectations, Catcher in the Rye, Foucault's Pendulum and Count of Monte Cristo.

Bernard said:
Actually Foucault's Pendulum was because of a suggestion that you had posted I think. Thanks. :rolleyes:

GREAT!!! :) Let me know what ya think!?! I'm on a Vonnegut kick, but am looking forward to getting into more Eco in the future.

Back