• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

SillyWabbit said:
Natural History Justina Robson.

It had better be good Litany :p
Woohoo! It is. I liked it. I've been in a bad book slump of late, and this one dragged me out of it. It's got some decent science babble mixed in with believable characters and a lost alien civilisation thrown in for good measure.

A Game of Thrones by George R R Martin.

I've got a feeling you'll like it.

Natural History's one of those books I've been eyeing up for sometime, but keep putting back on the shelf for some reason. I'm interested to know what you make of it.

Just bought -

Vernon God Little by DBC Pierre
Enders Game by Orson Scott Card
The Descent by Jeff Long
The Hidden Powers of Animals by Karl Shukar (Non-Fic)

Shed loads of mythology books

Phil

I was supposed to have been buying some audio books for our upcoming trip to Cornwall. But I was distracted by the new releases table. There it was, smiling at me. Absolution Gap by Alastair Reynolds. Finally down to a sensible size. It's made me all happy, and now I have to race through the book I'm reading at the moment so I can get started on it. It's especially important that I get to read it before I have to deal with the wrath of RaVeN and Wabbit after they've decided to hate the books I recommended. It's hard to read when you're busy sporking angry bottoms.

Made my Amazon order for the audio doodad. So now at least I won't get in trouble. Of course, you have to buy a few extra bits to make sure you get free delivery...

So The Picture of Dorian Gray, Treasure Island (Arrrr), The Three Musketeers, The Man in the Iron Mask, War and Peace and One Hundred Years of Solitude are all on their way over to my house for a party.

The last one is bought based on recommendations from you lot, so it better be good. :mad: Though it was only £3.99 actually. And the rest are all Wordsworth Classics and thus dirt cheap. Hurrah.

And the audio tapes are The Sherlock Holmes Audio Collection to keep my boyfriend awake during the journey, and the Morcambe and Wise BBC Radio Collection to keep me placated and jolly.

Just bought Ella Enchanted, since its the book of the month for another forum and I've been wanting to read it. Its next on my TBR pile.

Blue Horizon by Wilbur Smith.It was a bit too graphic for me there are certain things you just don't need to know but i belong to this bookclub where you get great deals on books and i am very cheap i'm like one of those people that would buy a obscenely large jar of pickled onions just because it's on sale.I have no self-control.

Bought The Carpet People, Johnny and the Dead and Only You Can Save Mankind by Terry Pratchett at Waterstones on a 3 for 2 offer! :cool: I know they're for "younger readers" but I don't care - it's Pratchett! I've read The Carpet People from my college library a few years ago, but I haven't read the other two. (Incidentally, my receipt made me smile: the first book they scanned was the one I got free, so my receipt read "Only You Can Save... £5.99" :D )

Litany said:
It's especially important that I get to read it before I have to deal with the wrath of RaVeN and Wabbit after they've decided to hate the books I recommended. It's hard to read when you're busy sporking angry bottoms.

I haven't even started it yet but I look forward to hating it.

Don't let my squirming distract you. :D

RaVeN

Litany said:
Made my Amazon order for the audio doodad. So now at least I won't get in trouble. Of course, you have to buy a few extra bits to make sure you get free delivery...

So The Picture of Dorian Gray, Treasure Island (Arrrr), The Three Musketeers, The Man in the Iron Mask, War and Peace and One Hundred Years of Solitude are all on their way over to my house for a party.

The last one is bought based on recommendations from you lot, so it better be good. :mad: Though it was only £3.99 actually. And the rest are all Wordsworth Classics and thus dirt cheap. Hurrah.

And the audio tapes are The Sherlock Holmes Audio Collection to keep my boyfriend awake during the journey, and the Morcambe and Wise BBC Radio Collection to keep me placated and jolly.

ARRR treasure island!!! you can't go wrong with that!!!! AND 100 years in solitude! hope you like :D

Back