• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

Rained here today so I spent some time at Barnes and Noble:

Pope Joan - Donna Woolfolk Cross
The Trial - Franz Kafka
Collected Stories - Franz Kafka

Also bought a Billie Holiday cd and a Nora Jones cd AND a nice cup of coffee.

On friday, I received Max Berry's Company and Alex Kava's One False Move from amazon. On saturday, I bought O Pioneers! by Willa Cather and the book on Ulysses S. Grant that I'm presently reading. :) And in a week, I'm going to splurge on a nearby library booksale So many books to read, such little time.:eek:

Samerron said:
Wow! That's amazing, using simple math it means that you can cover 300 books a year !!
Now it's 25 books a moth which is estimated to around 6 books a week!! When do you find the time to read?? Plus you are always online ??
I wish I could reach this rate! :rolleyes: any advices??

Seriously Stewart!!
I didn't reach that much of purchasing books and the ppl around me concider me an addict !
guess you'll be some kind of super natural :D

Er, I picked up North And South by Elizabeth Gaskell today. On the cheap, of course. I read it in school - it was a set text at one point - and, since it's in the Penguin Classic (black and orange) design, I simply had to have it.

Russka- Edward Rutherfurd
Underground- Murakami Haruki
Oh Play that Thing - Roddy Doyle
In the Miso Soup- Ryu Murakami
Parineeta - Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay

Local shop had a sign on the window saying all classics are reduced to clear. So, knowing that the classics included some Penguin Modern Classic (those lovely, lovely silver covers) I had to pop in:

A Passage To India, E.M. Forster
Let It Come Down, Paul Bowles
Anna Of The Five Towns, Arnold Bennett

Petrograd, 1917 by Albert Bainton... I think
The Outsider by Albert Camus
The Plague by Albert Camus
The Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane
A book of essays on Emmanuel Kant

God, I love used bookstores :)

Thickney said:
God, I love used bookstores :)

Don't we all;) All our money lately is earmarked for taxes, food, taxes, dd's wedding, taxes, and wedding..I think I'm going through UBS withdrawl:( But I'm glad for all the great finds everyone else gets to take home!

The new Laurell K. Hamilton novel, Danse Macabre. I had a 46% discount B&N.com sent me, so how could I resist? I just couldn't ;).

Women In Love, D.H. Lawrence

Tried to get a couple of Waughs off eBay but some swine had left a maximum bid on. Still, bumped the price of the books up from £0.99 to £2.79 with £1.50 each for postage. Take that, foul eBayer, for having the gall to bid for books I want. :D

Stewart said:
Women In Love, D.H. Lawrence

Tried to get a couple of Waughs off eBay but some swine had left a maximum bid on. Still, bumped the price of the books up from £0.99 to £2.79 with £1.50 each for postage. Take that, foul eBayer, for having the gall to bid for books I want. :D

Just think, some ebayer has good taste too;)

Just bought five books on sale:

Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman
Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce
Black Dogs by Ian McEwan
Lost in the City by Edward P. Jones
Black Boy by Richard Wright

$23 in all.

The Gospel According to Jesus Christ - Jose Saramago
Seeing - Jose Saramago
The Attack - Yasmina Khadra

It's a good day when you get to buy books:D

Back