• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently purchased DVDs

My boyfriend got me:
Chasing Amy - my favorite movie & I haven't seen it since I was in high school because I accidentally recorded over it.
The Long Kiss Goodnight - love this movie! I accidentally recorded over this too (in high school, I had apparently recorded a lot of stuff onto VHS :eek: ).

I recently got this documentry on world war II its like a zillion hours of documented ..stuff. I watched the first couple disks, and then realized I had wasted my money. In the long run I might be proud of that purchase, or I hope at least I hope I get something out it.

I recently got this documentry on world war II its like a zillion hours of documented ..stuff. I watched the first couple disks, and then realized I had wasted my money. In the long run I might be proud of that purchase, or I hope at least I hope I get something out it.
What is the name of the documentary?

That's what I thought!
I've heard nothing but good things about it. My boyfriend and I saw a thing about it on PBS (not the actual documentary). It sounded quite interesting. The director was talking about how the WWII generation is dying, we're losing more and more veterans and soon there won't be any. My boyfriend's grandfather was a WWII vet and he passed away just last year. The director was compiling letters and anything: photos, testimonials, etc. to keep it alive. To discover new things, new people that were apart of this era. My boyfriend was even considering submitting copies of some of his grandfather's letters to it.

Here are the last several with a rating.

The Lives of Others - 10
Zodiac - 9
The Good Shepard - 8
The Departed - 8
Blood Diamond - 8
Hot Fuzz - 7
Down In The Valley - 6

The last two dvds I bought were both Johnny Depp ones:

Arizona Dream

and

The Brave

Both were excellent films with excellent (as always) performances done by Mr. Depp.

I had to get them from Amazon.uk since neither movie is available on dvd in the USA.

À l'intérieur ~ released here in the states on dvd as Inside, this is the most disturbing horror film I've seen since Audition. A pregnant woman, reeling from the death of her husband, is attacked in her home by a woman who wants the baby inside her. Disturbing, transgressive, and incredibly bloody, you won't forget it.

42nd Street Forever Vol 3: Exploitation Explosion ~ a collection of 70's and 80's exploitation film trailers. With trailers for Candy Stripe Nurses, The Pack, Scorchy, and Phase IV, you just can't go wrong. I love these discs and can't wait till volume 4!

Iphigenia. A Greek movie (1977) which tells the story of the sacrifice of Agamemnon's daughter during the Trojan War. It stars Irene Pappas. Dramatic and, by the end, very moving. Everyone is caught in a situation of their own making, with no way out.

I'm on a Greek kick just now.

I got the Dogma Special Edition at Best Buy for $7.99! yay!
I really wanted to get the Director's Cut of Hostel (the first one; already own the second one). It's for the same price as Dogma... but I couldn't get myself to buy any more crap for myself.

Dogma: Special Edition

The commentary on the Dogma SE is really great, make sure you check it out.
Awesome Lenny, I'll be sure to do that.
Dogma is my 2nd fave Smith film (after Chasing Amy)... so I'm really happy.
I'm looking forward to the "100 minutes of deleted scenes with view askew crew intros." (Hope they're good) & the "hilarious cast and crew outtakes."

It's been a long long time since I've seen this movie too.

sparkchaser, how many DVDs do you own? I remember that picture of your vast studio apartment you used to live and so I am thinking.....plenty.

I suggest a DVR.

sparkchaser, how many DVDs do you own? I remember that picture of your vast studio apartment you used to live and so I am thinking.....plenty.

A lot.

I suggest a DVR.

I use a DVR sometimes but I like the DVDs for the extra content. Besides, I don't like the DRM on DVRs. I grudgingly accept the ones on DVD because they will always play in my player.

Back