• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Spammers

I'm feeling as though I'm being ignored.... :(

Could you answer a few of my questions James?

Are you the Author?

this whole thread is highly amusing. do you all work on this offline and then post or is it all ad-libbed?

James, does your "good friend" know that you are creating a bad first impression of his "work" by being his advertising/marketing voice?

and Jennahleagorhspamzilla, whatever do you mean by that?

I'm sorry that this has turned into the Spanish Inquisition (I'll bet you didn't expect all this when you posted?) but this forum gets people trying to sneakily advertise books on a very regular basis which has turned a few of us (myself most definitely included) into witchhunters and, to be honest, I'm happy with it.

Personally, I don't think I'd blink an eyelid if someone just joined the forum, said "hello, i've got a book" in the Introductions forum. By pretending you are just a reader it shows that you have not identified the market for the book - a book forum may seem like the logical place to advertise a book but there are so many genres out there that posting dubious reviews to incorrect forums just stinks of a lack of respect for the intended readership. The best way to market is to join up to the forum, say hi, and join in - link in signature, where necessary - and identify your market.

Tell your friend that he needs to fix all the glaring errors in the book - you've supposedly read it, offer him some tips ;) - and, fixing these, he'll have a better quality product to offer potential buyers. I'd have gone crazy if I bought that and it turned up having never been checked for mistakes.

Hi guys.
As it happens I've written lots of heavenly verses when I'd been eighteen or so. Now after that was mentioned, I am ready to offer any of my works for reading, and, errr, reviewing. Let's call it... OK, 10 pounds a verse?
Please send me money, and I'll arrange immediate delivery through my connections.
Thank you.

Sorry, but I'm still excited about Keisha's book about: "Lover with martial problems." :D :D Hopefully it'll arrive any day now. :D

Stewart said:
All 12 pages of it? Did you buy the $48 version?

LOL-Yes, I was looking for the condensed version of it given my busy schedule these days, but alas, no success. :( :D

Wow, it seems I know now how to earn a billion in no time...
The book OF ALL BOOKS! Short version of ALL LITERATURE! Imagine a book which includes War & Peace, HHGTTG and Mao's "little red book" all together with every imaginable other source... I think 100 pages would not be toooo much... Or maybe 50 would be better? Sure, 25 is the best. Too bad it'll hold only "47" out of HHGTTG and even less from W&P, but what the hell? People are too busy to read these days...

James-Pretty harsh reaction to your appearance here. This is a great group of people, many of whom are published(and not through some lightweight thing like Lulu.) If you came here to talk about about books and writing in general, you would have had a much more positive reception than you did. However, when a person joins and starts three threads hawking the same book, well, it bears a very close resemblance to spamming. Has anyone here bought the book yet? I duobt it, and hopefully you've learned that such an effort causes the oppositve effect in other people.

Motokid is one of our FOGs on this board, and you would be wise to pay some serious attention to the questions that he has posed to you.

Why did you start three new threads with the exact same content?

What is it exactly you hope to accomplish by joining this forum?

How about coming clean, and being honest with us?

The fact that your relation to this author has become a dental work with pliars type of operation, is just further proof of your obfuscation, which people resent. No, no one here has elitist pretensions of being at the table above everyone else, but this board has people who've earned respect through being here a long time and through contributing to the board in various ways. When a person who hasn't done those things just shamelessly hawks a book, well, things get a little rough.

If you decide to stick around and contribute to the forum, then by all means, welcome!. If not, it was nice knowing you.

Sergo said:
The book OF ALL BOOKS! Short version of ALL LITERATURE! Imagine a book which includes War & Peace, HHGTTG and Mao's "little red book" all together with every imaginable other source... I think 100 pages would not be toooo much... Or maybe 50 would be better? Sure, 25 is the best. Too bad it'll hold only "47" out of HHGTTG and even less from W&P, but what the hell? People are too busy to read these days...
If you make it 42 pages long you can skip The Hitchhiker's Guide altogether and get some Homeros or Chaucer in there as well.

Sergo said:

LOL-I'll buy!, but only if Keisha's book is included. :D

Gotta take Stewart's advice and check up on Reader's Indigest. :D

SFG75 said:
Motokid is one of our FOGs on this board, and you would be wise to pay some serious attention to the questions that he has posed to you.

what is a fog?
fat old geezer
face of god
fact organizer gargantuan

does anybody else thinks stewart is in an exceedingly good mood today?

jenngorham said:
what is a fog?
fat old geezer
face of god
fact organizer gargantuan

does anybody else thinks stewart is in an exceedingly good mood today?

F*(&*&' Old Guy. :D A veteran of veterans on a given board.

Back