• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Spammers

Honeybee said:
To be honest I can't remember! It's stuff I have to know because I'm an editor – if I'm going to be correcting other people's work I have to know my stuff. So it'll have come from various books, courses and editorial discussions over the years.
That's fine - I was just wondering if you could give me some links that's all :)

I was looking around and found some text that was (apparently) scanned from Johnson's 1825 Oxford Works. Would you consider methodise or comprise to have originally spelt with a 'z'? As in this document they are both spelt with an 's'.

I'd be more than happy for someone to provide an old document with a 'z' present as oppose to an 's' - I just can't seem to find one.

If you consider comprised to have originally been spelt with a 'z', then I have found a page that (again apparently) has the speling as an 's', taken from Johnson's first edition of the Dictionary of the English Language in 1755. Unfortunately I can't find an actual copy of the Dictionary to see how the words are spelt.

How about humor/humour - we all know the Americans lack it, but do they spell it right?

Anyway, David, feeling welcome yet? Quite the entrance.

Cheers

I realized I have made a gross error. I tragically left my dear friend Ronny off of this list.

I am terribly sorry, Ronny, dear! You are definitely on my list of good friends that I have made in this forum.

Please forgive me.

You're forgiven, I will stop pouting now.

So why is it you are having me stationed at her house with shovel in hand? Should I venture back to my own home?

This is why I always wear a helmet around :)

Martin said:
How about humor/humour - we all know the Americans lack it, but do they spell it right?
Of course not - they're American :D We British provide the definitive spelling ;)

Ronny said:
Sirmyk, that was pretty funny.
Sorry, I meant to add this to my above post: :D :D :D ...wouldn't want to only poke fun at the British, so here you go!

:D = British
:cool: = American
:confused: = Canadian
:( = Swiss (because they're neutral)
:mad: = German (still upset about dubyadubya2)
:p = French (stooopid 'mericans... we spit on you, ptthhh...)
:rolleyes: = Spammers (why won't anyone buy my book. it's grate)
;) = Me after this post (kinda looks like this fella's got a black eye)
:eek: = Moderators (thinking... should we ban this little ****?)

And educational! But now I'm scared. I'm fairly certain that you-all will never be hearing another peep out of Aashaa.

about spammers

I guess you would call me a self-published asshole. But my books are available online for free. I just wrote The "The Time Keeper" because I wanted people to Know about the dangers that are facing our world today. No profit is made in the download of the book. If you would like to see a copy of the downloadable pdf version of my book which can be printed out. Just type in jack neigut into any major search engine. It deals with current events wrapped in a clever story.

about eBook The Time Keeper

Sorry if I sounded a bit rough in my last thread. It is just that I feel I have something to share with people and that is what literature is all about.

I think the main problem Jack, is that 99.9% of "self-published assholes* hawk their books once and then never post again. The issue is more about participation and enjoying books together, as opposed to seeing it as just a tool of publicity. We would like for self-published assholes to participate on the board and to even add their works in our writing section. Having been a member here for a long time, I can speak for the others in saying that patience is worn thin for those who make "look at me!" posts. I hope that you do enjoy the board and that you will participate for a long time. We need some good self-published assholes to redeem the name to it's proper and venerable dignity in the literature forum world.:flowers:

Jack M. Neigut

I plan to use the site to its fullest. Even though I have already recieved negative comments about my book. I do plan to post parts of my works in your writing section. I hope my experiences on this site are favorable ones. Despite the fact that I was already accused of spamming and someone posted that my work is unpublishable.However, Thank You anyway for your interest by posting this thread.

Back