• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Spammers

Fucking lulu.com! That's two in about a week...

David Frame = James Grace; James Grace = David Frame. Nuf' said...

If you are not one in the same, I would beat the living crap out of whichever of the two you are not.

I promise that when I finish my novel I will never post a link to it. :)

Of course, if somebody called Yolanda turns up and says you should try a novel by some guy called Stewart which you can buy from Amazon at this link then I'd obviously have no control over that.

sirmyk said:
Fucking lulu.com! That's two in about a week...

David Frame = James Grace; James Grace = David Frame. Nuf' said...

If you are not one in the same, I would beat the living crap out of whichever of the two you are not.

LOL- :D :D

Stewart said:
I promise that when I finish my novel I will never post a link to it. :)

Of course, if somebody called Yolanda turns up and says you should try a novel by some guy called Stewart which you can buy from Amazon at this link then I'd obviously have no control over that.

Well, as long as you come on a few hours later and tell us how sorry you are for their misguided actions...

Stewart said:
I'd be sorry that Yolanda disrespected my auteuristic intentions. :(

You will probably need to explain the three or four anonymous reviews she writes for your grate novel on amazon as well. Perhaps if you have Yolanda killed now you may be able to maintain some integrity.

clueless said:
Have you seen the new one? Online recorded lectures? Now, that's a first.

I am fairly new here and I understand that people making up other fake names to review their own material is spam, but this guy is honest. Why do you have a problem with that? Shouldnt he just have posted this in the writers section? or is there something I am not getting here??

Flower

Where's the online lectures one?

Flowerdk4, while casually mentioning you have a book is fine, posting solely about it is seen as spam even if there's honesty. I believe the forum's guidelines politely ask for a link to your work/book/site be put in your signature in lieu of spamming.

...Plus I for one don't actually believe that James Grace and David Frame are different people. Can we get the mods to check their IP addresses to clear that up?

Stewart said:
Where's the online lectures one?

Flowerdk4, while casually mentioning you have a book is fine, posting solely about it is seen as spam even if there's honesty. I believe the forum's guidelines politely ask for a link to your work/book/site be put in your signature in lieu of spamming.

Here is the lecture one: http://forums.thebookforum.com/showthread.php?t=7300

Okay, I see! The difference between posting about your book and wanting feedback + also give feedback to others, and then just making one post about your own book.

Neither did I, to be honest. To suggest a handul of errors here and then to see the document uploaded half an hour later with only the errors we highlighted changed was very suspicious; especially when told it was an old draft that was forgotten about.

Conspiracy Theory

Guys,

I am not sure whether to laugh or cry!!! I thought this site was about book reviews. I can call James (who happens to be in an office about thirty or so metres from mine) and ask him to come online at the same time, yet I'm sure that you will all have some clandestine explantion of how I achieved such an underhanded piece of technological trickery.

I wasn't, am not and shall never be James.

I havent actually completed the book yet and I'm using lulu as an aid to publishing it. James has read it in fits and starts and got himself excited when I posted it on lulu.

Do you usually treat authors in this way when they come on your site (and please no more of the you are James and James is you crap).

By the way Stewart, thanks for the spots on my errors - I genuinely do appreciate it. You may be an American at a guess though because beermat is two separate words in the UK (Beer Mat) which is why it won't log on my spellchecker but may on yours. I don't claim to be a first class speller, but I do believe I have some decent stories to tell and that I'll get there in the end with the help of people who understand the technicalities better than I.

This book is a first time round for me guys and has taken a lot of research, time (about 4 or so hours a day and weekends) and it is easier to spot mistakes in other peoples work than it is your own.

I noticed that Motokid was quick to be critical, yet I have chosen not to swipe his childrens books and his style of writing or depth of chosen characters and scope of story - each to their own.

Come on people, this has been goind on for about 2-days. If we can't play nicely I guess I'll just leave you all too slagging me off as oppose to encouraging new authors and discussing literature.

I apologise in advance for any glaring errors in my above writings!!!!

clueless said:
Have you seen the new one? Online recorded lectures? Now, that's a first.

You know, it would almost be acceptable if people at least made a show of wanting to be part of this forum. Its great and good that there are writers on here, but honestly some of these things are just so blatant -its just rude and arrogant...there is another one on here this morning, proclaiming amazement at one of those self help transcendental wastes of time. I hate to be rude to anyone but please..................

Shade said:
...Plus I for one don't actually believe that James Grace and David Frame are different people. Can we get the mods to check their IP addresses to clear that up?
No, if we have concerns then such issues are dealt with privately.

David Frame said:
By the way Stewart, thanks for the spots on my errors - I genuinely do appreciate it. You may be an American at a guess though because beermat is two separate words in the UK (Beer Mat) which is why it won't log on my spellchecker but may on yours.

Not a problem. Actually, I'm in Glasgow; a few hours north of you. :)

I see beermat as one word in much the same way you say tablespoon and not table spoon.

Back