• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Tattoos and Piercings

Litany said:
Going by my own personal experience, quite a few people. I know many people who got tattoos when they were young, and really regretted it when they were older. And they don't all have names scribbled on their bodies either. I know one girl who regretted it 10 minutes after having it done and she'd wanted one for years. I don't know how I will have changed in 20 years time, so I'm certainly not going to be flippant with my skin now

and i know many people who still like their tattoos as much as the day they got them. my mom and dad are two i can name off the bat. everyone is different. but when i said "who cares" it was more a reference to the fact they don't have to fret so much because they're not permanent anymore. it's not being flippant about your skin unless you don't think about what you are doing. sunbathing is being flippant about your skin. what i mean to impart is that if someone wants a tattoo then their main consideration doesn't really need to be about how it looks/whether or not they like it when they're 50. i am a huge advocate of thinking long and hard about the tattoo you want to get. you ought to consider it for like a year or so and you should be thinking if it's timeless for you. but if you decide not to get one on the basis of being 50, well, then you didn't want one so bad after all. which is totally fine too :) i love flawless skin as much as the next girl

*sorry i edited this because i hit Save before I meant to

Ok, who's taking bets then?

I'll make sure all contestents/combattents remove piercings and suchlike before the "Jello battle"!

I don't think Canada wants to piss off Litany. They don't stand a friggin chance.

I'll bring the bean dip and other nice things to stick your carrots in though.

RaVeN

unfair that i dont stand a fighting chance because canada has no military presence
we're lovers not fighters ;) i just enjoy jello, sheesh

Jenem said:
unfair that i dont stand a fighting chance because canada has no military presence
we're lovers not fighters ;) i just enjoy jello, sheesh

It's nothing against Canada, Jenem. I love your country and would morn their loss. It's just that the world has never seen the likes of The Sporked Avenger before. And God willing..........

RaVeN

Litany said:
The special 'Maple leaf' of the Bearded Man.

Odd that you should say that. I wear a Toronto Maple Leafs ball cap at work to keep the hair out of my face. Not my beard hair, mind you. :D

RaVeN

Martin said:
Nasty cough you got there - you really ought to stop .. you know .. smoking.

Cheers, Martin

Good point. I was thinking of switching to brownies, but the stems get caught in my teeth, :D

RaVeN

RaVeN said:
How do I explain this?

As some of you may know, my hair is considered long for a man. Have you ever listened to the old Harry Chapin song, Cats in the Cradle?

RaVeN

I LOVE Harry Chapin. Saw him in concert a time or two since he was friends with my sister. Nice man who got cheated out of life. Ah well, thats the way it goes I guess.

IMO, a small tattoo can be sexy on a woman if it's in the right place. I dont have any, but I do have a nice, private, piercing that my hubby loves. ;)

SenoraG said:
IMO, a small tattoo can be sexy on a woman if it's in the right place. I dont have any, but I do have a nice, private, piercing that my hubby loves. ;)

IMO, TMI :D

I don't blame you though. Seems you have trouble with flapping lips. :p

RaVeN

Back