• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The first sentence in the book you're reading

Stones for Ibarra by Harriet Doerr

Here they are, two North Americans, a man and a woman just over and under forty, com to spend their lives in Mexico and already lost as they travel cross-country over the central plateau.

Stones for Ibarra by Harriet Doerr

"I am doomed to remember a boy with a wrecked voice -- not because of his voice, or because he was the smallest person I ever knew, or even because he was the instrument of my mother's death, but because he is the reason I believe in God; I am a Christian because of Owen Meany."

Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving

Reading two right now.
It was November.
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
There was an improbable murder story told about the Wolf that had made its way into police lore and then spread quickly from Washington to New York to London and to Moscow.
The Big Bad Wolf by James Patterson

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Colonel Aureliano Buendia was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.

One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

It seems increasingly likely that I really will undertake the expedition that has preoccupying my imagination now for some days.

The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro

In amoungst a sea of events and names that have been forgotten, there are a number of episodes that float with striking buoyancy to the surface.

The Wilderness by Samantha Harvey

I came to Firenze to forget Peru and the Peruvians for a while,and suddenly my unfortunate country forced itself upon me this morning in the most unexpected way.

The Storyteller-Mario Vargas LLosa

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

"In 1972 I was sixteen----young, my father said, to be traveling with him on his diplomatic missions."

liketoread

The sky was yellow as brass,not yet hidden by the smoke from the chimney stacks.

Three Comrades by Erich Maria Remarque

It all seemed so real that I could hardly imagine that it had ever occurred before; and yet each episode came, not as a fresh step in the logic of things, but as something expected.

- "The Jewel of Seven Stars" by Bram Stoker

"The story that follows is one that I never intended to commit to paper."

Last page "He looks instead, the abbot thinks as if all the world is before him."

liketoread

"The story that follows is one that I never intended to commit to paper."

Last page "He looks instead, the abbot thinks as if all the world is before him."

liketoread
I still have not finished it,but up to now it's very good.

Back