• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

TV box set dvd's

scribeswindow

What TV dvd's do you own.

I've got:
Buffy the vampire slayer
Angel
The Gilmore girls
The sopranos
Firefly
Grand designs (UK)

I am considering purchasing Lost, Heroes and Frasier. :)

I am considering purchasing Lost, Heroes and Frasier. :)

I have a bunch of DVD sets, but my highlights include Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, the X-Men cartoon, and Megaman. Being an adult does not mean that you stop watching cartoons, it just means you have alot more money to support your habbit.

Just a warning if you have never seen Heroes, there is no need to buy past the first season. If you have already seen Heroes then you already know why this warning was issued. As for Lost...GREATEST SHOW EVER! Hurley for life!

I have the Office and every season of Everybody Loves Raymond. That show was great. My wife has every season of Golden Girls.

Banocanut,

I agree with your statement about Heroes. The first season was fantastic with edge of your seat thriller suspense. It was intially written for one season but it got such good rating that the writers when back and re-wrote the last couple of episode for another season. Yeah I was disappointed too.

I don't have any sets of TV shows on dvd. I usually download a TV episode(s) and watch it.
Now I do have box sets of DVD or Blue Ray of mini series that debut on television. Such as:
Band of Brothers
It
The Stand
North and South

I own "Xena", "The X-Files", "Millennium", and "True Blood".

Lately I've been renting shows I missed the first time around. I'm halfway through Season 5 of "The Office" and finished Season 3 of "Rescue Me".

Definitely Lost. We're watching the 6th season on DVD now.
Well worth it.

We've got several. Hercule Poirot, the first 5 seasons of 24, some Seinfeld, As Time Goes By, all of it, to name the ones I can think of without going in the other room and checking.

The Pretender
Beauty and the Beast
Xena: Warrior Princess season one
Dinosaurs seasons one and two
Birds of Prey
American Gothic
Poltergeist: The Legacy season one
ROAR
Raising the Bar season one

Are we counting anime series too? Because I'd have another list. ;)

I agree with Heroes, but due to travel and other stuff I've missed episodes throughout and I want to re-watch it properly. I think I will definitely start my Lost dvd season purchases.

Boxed sets or complete series? Do partial series count?

Firefly
Farscape
The Shield
My Name is Earl
The Office (UK one)
Red Dwarf
Arrested Development
Battlestar Galactica
Psych
Monk
Burn Notice
I think I am up to Season 12 or 13 for Simpsons.
Space: Above and Beyond
X-Files
And a few others whose titles escape me

Monk
Seinfeld
Everybody Loves Raymond
Simpsons
The Office
Frazier
Third Rock From the Sun
I had Heroes too and threw them in trash. Worst tv show ever made.

Hi Dear friend
I have got
Buffy the vampire slayer
Angel
The Gilmore girls
these three which are my most favorite..... :)

seasons 2-7 of The Simpsons
all 6 seasons of Lovejoy
18 volumes of Mystery Science Theater 3000
seasons 1-3 of Mad Men on blu
the complete Black Adder
all 4 seasons of Home Movies

Definitely Lost!.
I think the writing and direction outshine anything I have read from the printed page -- certainly anything I have seen on TV or in the movies.
Lost, Lost, Lost forever!

Weren't you concerned it would contaminate your other garbage?

lol. I watched the first season which I bought on DVD. I thought it started with such promise, and then by half way through the season had become a bit boring, and by the end of the first season, well not so much a finale as an anti-climax.

Back