• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What do you pay for gas?

Motokid said:
$2.11 ????!!!!

Best I've seen 'round here is $2.50ish.....and I thought that was great to see....now I'm pissed again....

Just now on the way to the library down the road, I saw it for $2.09:eek:

abecedarian said:
Just now on the way to the library down the road, I saw it for $2.09:eek:

Paying $2.04 here. It still makes me mad that I'm glad to see gas(oline to avoid further confusion) at just over $2/gallon.

Motokid said:
Is that so.....what are you paying for gasoline/gas/petrol/fuel for your automobile? Hmmmmm......:p

Nothing. I don't drive. But I CAN spell aluminium! LOL! :p

abecedarian said:
Dh just paid $1.99 per gallon this afternoon :D

that's so sweet...cheapest I've seen is $2.19

I think we're experiencing some results of the oil companies "record profits"...
I hope we see the same kind of scale-backs with heating costs this winter too.

I paid $2.26 today. I was on my motorcycle and refused to drive too far out of my way just to save about 30 cents to find cheaper gas...plus, I was on a mission and just hit the closest station on my route.

Most stations around me are in the $2.22 - $2.28 range. The $2.19 was relatively far from my normal travel route.

I have just sold my car, what with the price of petrol/gas,road tax,ins,parking etc etc etc :eek:

Going back to bus and buy a 'Laptop' be cheaper to run :D besides I can read on the bus ;)

Motokid said:
that's so sweet...cheapest I've seen is $2.19

I think we're experiencing some results of the oil companies "record profits"...
I hope we see the same kind of scale-backs with heating costs this winter too.

I heard on the news a couple of days ago that there is now a record surplus of neating oil and natural gas. Suddenly the industry cry went from "Conserve because we're going to nail you this winter" to "Consume, we have plenty." Interesting shift.

BTW -- $1.95 here today.

curiouswonder said:
I heard on the news a couple of days ago that there is now a record surplus of neating oil and natural gas. Suddenly the industry cry went from "Conserve because we're going to nail you this winter" to "Consume, we have plenty." Interesting shift.

BTW -- $1.95 here today.

Somebody sees us as puppets. Obedient puppets on very long strings.

:mad:

Cali is lowering the prices, but we're still hovering between $2.40 and $2.70 per gallon (for the cheap stuff). This morning I bought gas at a Shell station for $2.42. Just down the street (a mile or two), a different Shell was selling the same crappy gas for $2.67. Am I missing something here, or is one of the two price gouging?

I paid $2.08 last night, and then saw a $2.07 and $2.06 .....Doh....

I like the trend, and I hope heating costs do the same....

I'm hearing more stories about sub $2.00 per gallon prices.

Currently around 89.9p per litre; back home (in Australia) it was around $1.24 per litre when I left. In Australia there would be a definate cycling of prices throughout the week, where petrol would be cheapest on Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning, then by Wednesday it could be 5-10 cents higher, peaking at the weekend. Then the following Monday afternoon it would drop again. Do other countries have a cycle like this??

Back