• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What do you pay for gas?

Martin said:
Over there, perhaps - I really don't see prices going down over here. We're at 1.55 euro a litre now (which equals just about $2 - $8 a gallon (4 ltr) here!)

1.00 Euro = 1.24406 US Dollar

Gallon = United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.

So, 1.55 Euro per liter x 3.785 = 5.87 Euro’s for a US gallon of gas

5.87 x 1.24406 = 7.30 US dollars for a gallon of gas where Martin lives….

I think I got this right this time….

Ah, a gallon is a little under 4 ltr - thanks for that, Moto.

Still a hell of a lot of money, especially when you're a student, trying to make ends meet.

And public transortation may be good over here, but it sure as hell ain't cheap.

Martin said:
Ah, a gallon is a little under 4 ltr - thanks for that, Moto.

Still a hell of a lot of money, especially when you're a student, trying to make ends meet.

And public transortation may be good over here, but it sure as hell ain't cheap.

Is there a minimum wage where you live Martin?

Yeah, there is - and I have a decent paying job, too, but still .. almost 8 bucks a gallon?

75% of which are taxes.

Martin said:
Yeah, there is - and I have a decent paying job, too, but still .. almost 8 bucks a gallon?

75% of which are taxes.

75% taxes.....holy crap......what do those gas taxes pay for?

My office mate said he paid $2.99 a gallon this morning....maybe things will be set right after all.....maybe......not holding breath or anything....

We're still messing about around 7 USD/gallon here in Denmark

I'm so glad I don't have a car. There *is* something good about this though. When gas prices sky-rocket house-prices dive, because sellers are afraid people won't buy anything with the gas prices swallowing all the income. So for potential house-buyers this is a good thing... not that I'm gonna buy a house, but looking on the bright side never hurt anyone :p

Motokid said:
My office mate said he paid $2.99 a gallon this morning....maybe things will be set right after all.....maybe......not holding breath or anything....

We've seen a drop of about 2 cents per gallon over the last day or so. I suggest cautious optimism.

Our prices seem to be going up again. It cost me $70 to fill my car up the other day. This time last year it cost me $40 to fill up. Our petrol goes up on certain days of the week, for instance, it is at it's most expensive from Wednesday afternoon until Saturday and then it comes back down again. So far the highest I have seen it is $1.31 a litre.

At the moment petrol (gas) is 96.9 pence per litre at my local supermarket. It went up 5p in a week! Yesterday I drove to work and noticed it was 93.9p - driving back from work it had shot up to 96.9p! :eek:

Strangely enough, even though the price rises are blamed on various "crises", once the crises are over the price never drops down again. Funny, that.

I just filled up yesterday, and paid $2.79/gallon. My 15-passenger van was on fumes, so it cost me $84.60 for the priviledge :eek: We've stayed home a lot the last few weeks..trips into the city are carefully planned.

$2.79 a gallon.....you are so lucky......

(relative to my $3.15 a gallon.....funny how that works isn't it....)

LOL who'd a thunk we'd ever see a day when anyone in their right(or left) mind would see $2.79 gas as a bargain ??? It was us high as $3.15 here last week. My hubby and I were talking about this the other day. We go married in 1981 and were flabbergasted at paying $1.25 for gas in Texas...ah the good old days :rolleyes:

We're back down to $2.99 now. Amazing, isn't it? The oil company (who made like $34 Billion last year) can jack the prices when they feel like it, and then even minor reductions make it seem cheap. When Moto started this it was $1.84 (or something like that), and just yesterday I was saying to myself "Cool, it's back down to $2.99! What a sheep I am.

Back