• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What music genre drives you nuts?

What music genre do you despise the most?

• Country/western

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Rap/Hip-hop/R&B

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Folk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jazz/Blues

• Alternative rock

• Techno/Rave

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Rock

• Pop

• Heavy metal

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can't stand most of the genre's on this poll. I hate RAP especially hokie doodle thats not even music...country: DEPRESSING SHEESH!!! Actually, I just looked on the list and would have to say I can't stand any of those :p... I do like a bit of CCM, if they live up to their name and have a good rep. mostly soundtracks for me, not the rock stuff, the scores. Lord of the Rings, Batman Begins, The Chronicles of Narnia, Flyboys, The Patriot, Gladiator, etc. A lot of those. Relaxation music too...can't stand classical, some songs are ok, but it just BUGS me. Soundtracks seem a bit different. Anyways yeah those are mine!

gladiator

That did have an amazing soundtrack. I think it was mostly done by one particular artist. I want to say enya, but I'm almost sure it's not her. But it's an artist similar to her.

Geisha girl, you may be thinking of Lisa Gerrard. She also contributed music to Black Hawk Down . . . not sure if she worked on any other Ridley Scott films.

Can't stand any rap/r&b/hiphop/country/western. Techno is tolerable, but only some. Heavy metal depends on the type of metal. Hardcore, which is closer to punk, is alright, but death metal makes me wanna starve. :D

Favorites: emo, symphonic metal, alternative.

i like most rock/alternative music the most, but i cantstand rap, and that thrash death metal stuff were they scream, r@b and jazz and country are ok

There are many good music and much bad music. Its all dependent on the personality. But what drives me nuts is the repetitive boring techno and much of Hip Hop...

"music to the ears" is the most annoying. Like when someone says "ah. That's....that's.....that's music to my ears."

Some interesting quotes in this thread.

If you want to judge an entire genre of music based off snips you've seen on MTV, at least take the time to dive in a bit and explore different artists of the hip hop world, and stop veering your attention always towards the "bitches and hoes," crap.

The obscene rap has become the norm in that genre. Its debasement has been steady and unyielding.

Actually, I just looked on the list and would have to say I can't stand any of those

??? Every genre is covered with that list. See genre titled "Other."

Along with Rap I really detest Country/Pop. How far this latter genre has fallen from its Golden Age with Williams, Cash, Haggard, Nelson, Cline and others.

The worst is the best of the beatles,simon and Garfunkel,....with a bambou flute they often put in chinese restaurant.

Elevator music is a must to.

And if you think hip hop is bad,you never eard French or Italian hip hop...Bad+Pathetic

I'm stuck in a time capsule! I can't appreciate any music that came after 1988! Help!

I grew up with music my parents loved and explored that more than the ones from my own generation. So, I usually like late 1960s, 1970s, and early- to mid-1980s. When I'm adventurous, I delve into the world of jazz and the pop standards of the 1930s-50s.

So, for me, it's not a genre thing; it's a generational thing.

I'v heard a similar thing, that you like the music that was playing when you were 17 years old.

REGGAE! Apologies to any Bob Marley fans, but it is just too damn monotonous for me. I did like Eric Clapton's cover of "I Shot the Sheriff" though.

hmmm...you can pull a decent song from any genre if you look hard enough...(although when it comes to rap you have to look REALLY hard!). I really hate Barney songs, that count?

Back