• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what's everyone up to today?

well here on the cape it's damn near impossible to find a really great restaurant. everything is so churn and burn because the season is so short. it's usually the little hideaways that the locals know about that are the best. whe i lived in halifax, there was 2 great little places i haunted..tom's little havana, a quiet 15 seater that had really great drinks and live music and the fireside..great martini mondays, big sofas, frieplaces all over, mussels to die for! oh how i miss the good ole days...

leckert said:
mmmmm... penguin...
You are *such* a naughty boy!! (Yeah, and I bet you like *that* too!)

I'm flaffing about the office, writing a paper, and waiting to call a plumber. Our bathroom sink fell off the wall last night (at 3pm when I got up to use the bathroom in a daze - frightened the crap out of me! No, not literally) and apparently the landlord thinks we need a plumber to fix it... Clearly the problem was not well understood! Either way, it's friggin' annoying. It's also pissing down with rain, which would be lovely if I were near a window to see and hear it, but alas I am stuck in my windowless office. At least it's quiet. Mmmm.... computer hummmm

That Exorcism of Emily Rose looks unbelievably freaky!! I want to see it this weekend. I also can't wait till Corpse Bride by Tim Burton comes out, but it's not till the end of September. It kind of looks like another Nighmare Before Christmas type movie :D

Tina said:
That Exorcism of Emily Rose looks unbelievably freaky!! I want to see it this weekend. I also can't wait till Corpse Bride by Tim Burton comes out, but it's not till the end of September. It kind of looks like another Nighmare Before Christmas type movie :D

I want to see the Corpse Bride, too, I love Tim Burton films :)

Tim Burton-didn't he direct the last Planet of the Apes movie? I really enjoyed that one, even if it did have Marky Mark in it. :D

SFG75 said:
Tim Burton-didn't he direct the last Planet of the Apes movie? I really enjoyed that one, even if it did have Marky Mark in it. :D

Yep that was him and another thing I just found out about him is he's married to Helen Bohnam Carter. I like her a lot, especially in Fight Club. and I knew she was in a few of his movies but I didn't know they were married. I'm sure that bit of gossip made your day :D

I'm going to make the most of today - it's my husband's last day of work and thus my last day of total internet freedom, as from now on my domestic goddess persona will have to make a lengthy daily appearance. I'm wearing the dangly earrings he told me were too long and have left the bed unmade as a little last minute home alone rebellion.

*sighs long and loud*

i seriously cannot wait for summer to be over than i can complain about winter..but my god. :eek:

today is a painfully quiet day at the inn.....so i am enjoying it to its fullest potential considering the upcoming weekend is going to be nutso!

went to a fabulous restaurant called gracie's table last night. it's a spanish restaurant and we filled up on tapas and spainsh wine. the lamb meatballs....YUM! and there was a cheese and ham terrine...oh so good. my new fave spot to eat.

Hey Leckert, I saw that you like trolls under the bridge so I thought I'd show you ours. He's under the Fremont bridge in Seattle and I think he's pretty cool.

Just pottering round the house,cleaning up,doing the washing etc as i have the music on full blast! :)

jenngorham said:
tina your avatar looks so familiar, is it from a painting?

Hmm, if it's from a painting, I don't know where from? I just liked it at an avatar site :)

Just what I should NOT be doing, lastnight I heard a quiet little meowing it continued tonight so I went down and found Rex. His name and a phone number was on the collar but when I tried calling it was disconnected. I asked a few nieghbors but it seems he's been visiting them all and yet no one knows where he came from. I will put up some flyers tomorrow but it looks doubtful we'll find his owner. He's so cute too, a creamy orange little thing. All my pets I have taken in from others and it amazes me how many cute little guys go homeless.

Oh, no, he's only been here a few hours and I'm already starting to like the little intruder. He seems to really like the place, fish, birds, rodents and heaps of toys what's not to like? Some here would be happy to know he was tearing apart a penguin toy earlier.

Back