• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Where are you? (in the book you are reading) - please read 1st post

I'm in 1960s Japan watching a young prostitute sleeping in Kawabata's Sleeping Beauties, a strange but interesting story in which men are only allowed to watch beautiful young girls sleeping.

I'm witnessing a Wedding between Clare and Jamie. I reeeally don't think it's a good idea! Bigamist!

:lol:

I don't like Claire, but dang nabbit, Jamie is with her.:lol:

Actually, I turned off the Kindle right when she was walking out in her wedding garb to the wedding?
So I don't know if it actually happened. Shhhhh, don't tell me!!:whistling:

It's the 1870's, and I'm by the beach watching over a couple of women sent to get some 'sea-air' for their health.

Trying to get across a river with only the most primitive of transportation methods available with an emaciated, pestilence-recovering and cue ball-like girlfriend on my back (literally on my back). We're heading east hoping to cross the great "river with one shore" and make a new life in Europe.

On a planet called Erna colonised by mankind in the company of a Priest,an Adept(warlocky-type!),a Sorceror,and an Apprentice. The Apprentice had her magic sucked out of her,and we're gonna get the varmits who did it!:D There's more to it than that,of course!:)

Yes! Are you a fan? I actually came across it while browsing in my library,and now I'm hooked! I can't believe it's taken me 17 years to discover Celia Friedman!:)

Back