• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Where are you? (in the book you are reading) - please read 1st post

In a working class mining community in County Durham,England between 1902-1916,as the government introduces compulsory enlistment.

I'm on a steamboat cruiser in 1920s Louisianna searching for a 3 yr old girl who was abducted during my previous employment of 'floor-walker' in a chain-store.

Laying on my couch with a fever and chills. I just woke up and discovered my wife had draped the Union Jack over me to keep me warm.

That's just after you hopped to the phone from the toilet with your trousers at the ankles....trying to sound normal on the phone.:D

In Phnom Phen Cambogia, trying to rescue as much people from the Khmer rouge without being slaughtered.

The Gate- Francois Bizot-Non fiction

I'm in Iran shortly after the revolution. There is a crack down on universities, Gatsby is on trial in my class, things are mixed at best.

Reading Lolita in Tehran

I had to switch books this weekend, loaned out The Last Lecture for a short while.

In the middle of the 30 years war. Which is annoying as I was in 21st century USA a few seconds ago. Dern pinko aliens.

Ayn Rand is visiting our school and selected a story from one of us would-be writers.
She picked the one we thought was a dim-wit.
She is scarry.

Tobias Wolff-Old School

Back