• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Where are you? (in the book you are reading) - please read 1st post

I am in Berlin in 1934 and I can no longer avoid the truth. Hitler is not a clown who is a temporary presence, a mere side show who will soon go away. He has murdered all who could stop him and for us, those who thought we could just endure and he would go away.......well, we are well and truly schtuppt. I guess now I get to decide, is it open defiance, and probable death...or do I assimilate...resistance may be futile....

In a car on the way to Philly, escaping the police and some other random bad guys. (Face Changers - Thomas Perry)

I'm over the Southern continent of the planet Pern flying my telepathic dragon to the unexplored inland sea named the Caspian.

LOL. Who changed the thread title?

Anyhoo, I am learning why perpetual motion machines don't work.

I am at Commercial Street Police Station, where Inspector Lestrade is overseeing an investigation into the slayings of several vampires, presumed 'streetwalkers', by the Silver Knife killer.

I'm learning of the riches of England during the time of the Wars of the Roses.

And investigating the mystery of the Red-Headed League.

I'm sorry, I don't recall that part from 'The Lost Symbol'. The thread title clearly states... :whistling:

Yeah, yeah, point taken.

I've just discovered a severed hand and I recognized it.
(And I'm not posting in this thread until I start another book or I'll end up telling the whole story...)

Samlade svenska kulter (Collected Swedish Cults) by Anders Fager. Collection of short horror stories. So far, a group of high school girls have sacrificed a guy to Nyarlathotep, an immigrant werewolf has driven all the way to Romania and back to collect his grandmother, and two immortal ex-gods have gone for a walk just past my window.

Samlade svenska kulter (Collected Swedish Cults) by Anders Fager. Collection of short horror stories. So far, a group of high school girls have sacrificed a guy to Nyarlathotep, an immigrant werewolf has driven all the way to Romania and back to collect his grandmother, and two immortal ex-gods have gone for a walk just past my window.

Is this available in English - I searched on Amazon and Abe but no luck.

Back