• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Where are you? (in the book you are reading) - please read 1st post

On the outskirts of a camp-site near to Aberystwyth, returning home to observe two intruders having broken in to my caravan...

Am in Wyoming investigating the murder of my mother-in-law's fifth husband who was shot then hung from a wind turbine. Mother-in-law has been arrested and charged with his murder.

I was dragged to a party by my far too ambitious wife, and now I'm being questioned about why I'm so obsessed with a shark that everyone knows died out [-]millions[/-] [-]hundreds of thousands[/-] ten thousand years ago. Gee. Hazard a guess.

I'm doing Zinal High Route by Ski touring/Ski mountaineering in the Swiss Alps . Today, I am half-way . The truth, I am surprised with all that happens around me although I'm aching all over, this journey is worth it . By the way, yesterday I met a Telemark skier and he gave me some tricks for my unclassifiable style . :lol:

I've just dispatched a nasty Russian gangster to his just reward after finding out the information I wanted - I wasn't very kind to him but he deserved what he got.

Spring 1992, just leaving for a workshop in Florida on how to use a radical new gas mixture, Trimix, instead of air, in preparation for exploring a mystery U Boat 230 feet below the Atlantic surface.

It's 1975, I'm in Fordyce, Arkansas. I'm being detained by the local police while I wait for the band's attorney to keep us from being locked up for felony drug possession.

I'm in the isolated settlement of Dove River,Canada 1867 where a man has been brutally murdered and a 17 yr old boy has disappeared.

With the President in the White House, in strict isolation as a terrorist has just released a virus with no known antidote during the State of the Union address. Vials of the virus had been placed inside the purses of several of the audience and exploded releasing the virus. The White House has been shut down, no one allowed to leave (to be shot if attempting to escape)!

In several different schools. Sort of. Learning to learn and to figure things out. Also, to not beat up my teachers even though I totally could. And also, there are robot horses.

I am Déodat Gratet de Dolomieu, Knight of Hospitaller ( the Sovereign and Military Order of the Knights of Saint John ) and an enthusiast/ passionate geologist. I am travelling across the calcareous massif of the Pyrenees with my naturalist friend, Philippe Isidore Picot de Lapeyrouse in 1781. We have collected a wide selection of rocks such as : Pierres de corne (Devonian shales ) , l'ophite des Pyrénées ( Upper-triassic Dolerite ) , poudingues de Palassou ( Oligocene Puddingstone ) although my soul wish to collect hundreds of rocks during this journey .

Today, 18 september 1781, I am on the southern coast of Sicily, in the mud-volcanoes at Macaluba Girgenti to be precise.
I have just discovered a fascinating volcano , I will name it < Le volcan d'air > .
By the way, I forgot my hammer in Barege valley, France ( Val de Barèges ) . I guess, it will be a nice souvenir for Louis Ramond de Carbonnières .

Back