• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Where are you? (in the book you are reading) - please read 1st post

I am in a high rise in New York City with the only man who has a chance of stemming the tide of this infection. The stenches are gathering, they can smell us I guess. Our last best hope was a helicopter that just crashed when it tried to rescue us in the middle of a storm. More dead to add to the tally. Now we have to try to make our way, cross land and through hoards of the walking dead, hoping to make it to the east river. The Coast Guard is there waiting for us to get to them....great.....the Coast Guard. (No offense intended to actual CG people, I'm channeling the characters.)

I'm in September 1870 in Petersbourg, investigating on missing children and the death of a woman

London 1543,while King Henry VIII is wooing Catherine Parr for his 6th wife,I,Matthew Shardlake have been given the difficult case of a teenage boy placed into Bedlam lunatic asylum,who's terrifying religious mania could see him burned as a heretic. And now and old friend has been horrifically murdered,and having promised his widow I would bring his killer to justice after investigation I've discovered his is the third murder in recent months which are connected.

In the crypt of a church, where a homeless charity runs its business, trying to buy information pertaining to my late father's dubious undertakings whilst he was a copper on the force years ago from one of his old snitches.

I am in the cliffs around Lyme Regis ( the area's Blue Lias ) at Christmas. But I am not alone, near me my beloved Plesiosaur .
I am reading a letter from the French anatomist Georges Cuvier, who replies to my last discovery, the 35 vertebrae .
Suddenly, I hear an echo that say my name in the distance, my brother Joseph.
I stick out my head from the limestone cliff and I see 2 silhouettes with him. The Dean of Westminster, William Buckland and his wife.
By the way, my name is Mary Anning .
:)

I'm at a secret research facility in Colorado turning death row convicts into, well, something besides human. And I'm hearing voices.

Jackson Mississippi, 1963...learning about separate bathrooms, libraries, hospitals, etc in The Help. Glad things have changed so much in my lifetime.

I am doing an expedition in Spain with Édouard de Verneuil, Édouard Collomb, Casiano de Prado and a group of mountaineers in 1849.
We travel across valleys and mountains for reading Anticlines & Synclines while we are seeking the Paleozoic Fauna ( Cambrian trilobites, Paradoxídes ... )

Yes, an amazing journey where besides, we are drawing freehand Structural cross-sections !!

I'm in my flat with Herbert listening to Abel Magwich, alias Mr. Provis, tell his tale about how he was duped by Aurthur Compeyson and became a fugitive.
-Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

Back