• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Where are you? (in the book you are reading) - please read 1st post

It's 1977 and I'm on the island of Madeira. I'm the guest of a wealthy man who has hired me to find out why a promising politician dropped out of sight in 1910.

I'm at a retreat in the Gulf Coast area. I'm with the major CEOs of the major tobacco companies who are fighting off a lawsuit and are awaiting news of a jury being selected.

I just got out of a small local theatre where I'd been watching a very amateurish production of The Petrified Forest.

I'm working at the Palace of Dreams, interpreting the thousands of dreams that come from all parts of the Otoman empire.

My plane has been shoot over Germany after i manage to bring down an Heinkel bomber.

The sky and earth of Jacques Dorme-Andrei Makine

I'm burning in a car accident,left part of the face,hands,genitals...the all very well detailed.:sad:

Andrew Davidson - The Gargoyle

I am at my desk writing about the art of conversation and how it has gone to the dogs in France.

La conférence de Cintegabelle (The Lecture) - Lydie Salvayre

I am a drawf with a limp,a pox face and only one good eye in medieval Japan.But i am lethal with a sabre and the finest stratege in the country,i might achieve the unification oo Japan.

Yasushi Inoue-Takeda's sabre

I'm in Johannesburg, solving crossword puzzles, collecting misprints, speaking in puns, and being generally negative about the state of South Africa.

I am in a town in Auvergne, France in the year 1763. I've just looked at myself in a mirror for the first time in the home of the Marquis de la Taillade-Espinasse and I've come to realize that I look quite ordinary and human.

I've travelled back in time 65 million years to Mesozoic Earth to discover what exactly did kill off the dinosaurs!

I am in a small boat, drifting aimlessly beneath the scorching sun; waiting either for some passing ship, or to be cast on the shores of some habitable land. I can only guess vaguely by the sun and stars that I am somewhat south of the equator. :D

Back