• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Where are you? (in the book you are reading) - please read 1st post

Standing vigil over my father's body and thinking about how I'm really partly responsible for his death.

-and-

Sitting on the beach of an island that I washed upon after being tossed overboard, watching the approach of a pirate ship.

I am in Egypt about to drink tea with the man, a Bedouin, who worked with my sister before she supposedly killed herself.

I'm outside the run-down farm building that's my new home, in the middle of nowhere in northern Germany, and my new neighbour has felt the need to give me some useful tips about how to split wood.

In my council flat in London. Some woman I went to school with just burst through my door in hysterics, and now we're dealing with it the only way Brits know how: we're having tea.

In the Curtain's route on Ben Nevis with Andy Cave, Pete ( both twenty-somethings ) and our experienced mountain guides Mal Duff and Jon Tinker . Actually, we have now reached the technical crux, that is, a thin layer of ice with plenty of atmosphere where barely we can hit our Pterodactyl .... (Chapter : Charbon et Glace )

Last edited:
In the Charcot Research Station ( Antarctica ), a sunlit night on 1957 . A while ago, Jacques Dubois tested his weather balloon for collecting data such as : temperature, atmospheric pressure, wind speed, humidity of the atmosphere.... Although due to katabatic wind our balloon barely could remain afloat .... Suddenly, the wind yells my name, actually, Claude Lorius reminds me that it's time to << Auscultate >> the Ice . While I'm walking on this frozen desert, full of unanswered questions, Roland Schlich appears halfway for telling me that soon will be another day and that he waits for me in his small lab for measuring the Variations in the Magnetic Field .

Last edited:
I'm currently being used by my younger "cousin"/lover to sneak books out of her home library which she has been denied free access for fear of (her governess says) exposing her to ideas unsuitable for a child.

I'm exploring a group of islands close to Snow Hill island ( Antartica, 1902 ) along with my mentor Otto Nordenskjöld, that is, we are studying the geological formations around the Graham Land ( Facies/stastratigraphy ) and also we are picking up fossils...

Last edited:
Back