• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Which magazines do you read?

As of late I have been buying lots of magazines to do with extending and renovation and decorating. Extend is a great one and Houses. Subscribing to Inside Out and buying Home beautiful and House and Garden. Getting from the library Belle and Vogue Living. When at the hairdressers I love to cast my eyes over Womans day, Woman's weekly and Instyle. I've purchased Instyle in the past but not recently. When I was a teenager I couldn't get enough of Cleo and Cosmo. Also love Conde Naste Travel magazine. This list is a lifetime of magazine titles that I would normally pick up or maybe purchase.

I read The Atlantic Monthly, Vanity Fair, Entertainment Weekly and my favorite music magazine, Decibel.

I read The Atlantic Monthly, Vanity Fair, Entertainment Weekly and my favorite music magazine, Decibel.

The Atlantic is a great publication. I love the material they publish. It is definitely one of the better contemporary publications on society and political matters.

My current magazine bents run to--Astronomy, Australian Sky and Telescope, Time, Smithsonian, National Geographic, The New Yorker, Empire and triple j.

They got me. Finally. After subscribing twice in the last couple of years to Barron's with the special introductory rate, I'm going to go ahead and subscribe now at the regular price now so that I don't get an interuption in service.

RE: Barron's subscription. I took my renewal notice with me to lunch one day so that I could call them while I was waiting on the meal and do my renewal over the phone. I reached Sanjay, who spoke with a slight Punjab accent, but after I gave him all the information about myself he told me that there was no record of an account with Barron's. I laughed, thanked Sanjay for his time, and hung up without renewing at the $99 per year renewal rate, just for me, a preferred customer who's account had been lost somehow. I didn't bother mailing in the renewal.

A few days later, a telemarketer representing Barron's called me at home and begged me to renew - at $52 per year. How could I refuse?

I used to read a lot more magazines, but since the Internet took over everything, I get a lot more of my information online.

Here’s a few I still get and read:

Chess Life (love it)

Gun magazines (I often use them for reviews)

Off-road magazines (gotta have 'em)

Scientific American

Westways (AAA members for CA get 'em)

Mags/Journals

Here's my list:

1. The Economist

2. The New England Journal of Medicine

3. Journal Watch

And when I get the time:

4. Science

5. Foreign Affairs

6. JAMA

ImagineFX Digital Arts Magazine, Private Eye UK Satirical Magazine and my wife's Bella Magazine when she isn't looking...

Here is the very sad list:
Pet Product News
Pet Age
Pet Business
Inbound Logistics
PackWorld
Direct Marketing News
Deliver (by USPS)

The only English-language mag I regularly read is Time.

Besides, I have suscriptions for German magazines on books/audiobooks and neurological/psychological stuff, and a French-learners' mag with vocabulary lists.

Back