• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Who is your favourite author, and why?

Whats slander?? No one can resist my ass!!!

*shakes his head as another once fine thread descends into spam and ruin*

Phil :D

OK then, let me rephrase this.
I knew that with your finely tuned Wabbit senses (and your obvious expertise at polishing the old giggle stick) you would have little trouble sniffing out and responding about said Dick.
Feel better now Wabbit?

RaVeN
(who after a good night's rest still can't get Phil's ass off his mind)

Iain Banks has been one of my favourite authors over the years, I especially like his earlier works. Other favorites are Toby Litt, Jeff Noon, Douglas Adams, and Charles Bukowski.

Who's Phil, and why's everybody so concerned with his arse?

I hesitate in answering your question mariner as I've vowed not to throw fuel on the fire (is this some kind of a set-up?) but I've got to live up to my signature and after all, you did ask.
Phil is a legend in these here parts. And no one here gives a spork(still LOVE that word) about his arse....except Phil of course.But his ass, ahhhh.. it IS a thing of beauty to behold. Never before has there been such a magnificent specimen. You could search all the land and still his ass has no rival.
Every hair in place, that perfect crack of a smile, those little dimples, what can I say? Phil's ass only comes along once in a life time.

RaVeN
(who feels soooo soiled)

Tres poetic, RaVeN!

Anyway, Mariner, you're a fan of Toby Litt?! Cool! Me too! I've never met anyone that also knew him. Which Litt-novel do you like best?

Cheers, Martin :D

Mariner said:
Who's Phil, and why's everybody so concerned with his arse?

Im Phil, but im afraid talk of my ass is now restricted to the General Chat section, under Darren mandate 304.1 ;) And thats ass, not arse!!

Phil's favorite authors currently include Matthew Reilly, Jasper Fforde & Michael Crichton, but also many, many others.

Phil

Phil will politely ask Martin to stop spamming :p

Phil will now ask Martin who his favorite current authors are!

Phil

Martin wil answer Phil's question:

My current fav's are Michael Marshall Smith, Chuck Palahniuk, and many many more.

Corpsing is great! I've written a review here.

You'll love Exhibitionism, I'm sure. It's my personal favourite, but, then again, I've always been a sucker for short stories.

No way can I pick just one! I would have to pick a range which cover pretty much all my favourite styles and my favourite individual books. I seem to have quite different taste to the majority of people on here. A lot of people seem to like sci-fi or Spy stuff like Grisham...I've never been anywhere near those genres!

*feels quite like the odd-one-out* :p

Anyway my favourites (in no particular order) are:
Alice Walker
Maya Angelou
Zora Neale Hurston
Ian McEwan
Armistead Maupin
Elizabeth Berg
Alice Hoffman
Emily Bronte
Martin Millar

Why do people have to ask hard questions? ;)

My Favorite Authors, in random order, followed by my fav book by said Author:
John Grisham (The Client)
Dean Koontz (One Door Away From Heaven)
John Saul (Ugh... Hard... Guardian)
J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)
Terry Goodkind (Sword of Truth Novels
Stephen King (The Talisman)

Back