• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

A Bestseller You Hated

Hazra

What books do you hate, which are otherwise bestselling and often raved about?

Right now, I'd say the Twilight series (no offence fans). I'm reading the books for the sole purpose of finishing the series.

Although I'm 27 I really liked Twilight. I guess I'm still a gulible 12 year old girl at heart. I didn't however like The Host and couldn't make myself finish it. I also didn't get the big deal about 1984.

I second Twilight. Also, Beloved by Toni Morrison was awful. I had to write a report on it so I was forced to read the entire book. It was torture.

.........A Farewell To Arms.

I have to say , people seem to complain about Twilight A LOT..........I'm starting to think that maybe they really do like it, and just want to pretend not too...:whistling:

.........A Farewell To Arms.

I have to say , people seem to complain about Twilight A LOT..........I'm starting to think that maybe they really do like it, and just want to pretend not too...:whistling:

Bite your tongue..about Twilight, that is:lol:
Hemingway lost me in English Comp my senior year of highschool.

She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb was torture. I wasted a whole weekend on that one. I'm reading Twilight right now. I can't say I don't like it. In fact, I think I kind of do really like it. Does that make me weird?:blink:

The Harry Potter and Twilight series. I'll always be mystified by their popularity.

Hemingway lost me in English Comp my senior year of highschool.

Same here . . . then he reclaimed me after I read The Sun Also Rises in college.

The Harry Potter and Twilight series. I'll always be mystified by their popularity.

Same here . . . then he reclaimed me after I read The Sun Also Rises in college.

I've been thinking I should give the man a second chance now that I've lived a little longer. It might be that he was just a poor choice to offer me at that stage in life.

What books do you hate, which are otherwise bestselling and often raved about?

Right now, I'd say the Twilight series (no offence fans). I'm reading the books for the sole purpose of finishing the series.

i agree on "twilight"...

i personally didnt like the kite runner at all...

and now im glancing up seeing both great gatsby and jane eyre being disliked.. everyone is entitled to their own opinion but oh man can i PLEASE ask why? i loved jane eyre so much that my daughters middle name is "Adele"... and i have read the great gatsby more times than any other book haha... im very curious as to reasons why they were unliked! i didnt watch either movies...

Back