• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

ask bobby something

Doesn't seem like much has changed here :)

Good to see you're still keeping everyone off balance bobby.

And Irene, this muffin man you speak of, is he the one that lives on Park Avenue?

Remember??

bobbyburns, how long have I owned you? Though the date escapes me, the mood is fresh. Wet mud on the floor of the car, a pervasive smell of mold, a quick craving for Original Chapstik. I saw you sitting on the shelf at Snickles five and dime, behind the embroidery hoops and bandanas, dangerously close to the darning needles. My heart broke at the thought of those needles. It would not cost a lot to feed you, I rationalized, my tiny Woolworth-turtle dream come true. If one has ever reached into a fishtank and taken one of the little fish and put it in one's pocket when everyone else was out of the room, then you would know my delight.

And there begins our story . . .

Litany said:
Why? Surely not over the deletion of one post which contravened the rules of the forum? I hope I've missed something important, otherwise that would be quite some over reaction on your part.

Only resurrecting this business momentarily to explain that the week of October 12 is "Irene Wilde's Moments of Unpleasantness Week" when I am subject to bouts of ill-temper and unreasonableness, among other afflictions.

Apologies to any hit by the shrapnel of my foul moods.

Irene Wilde

My very dear Mr. Burns,

How many times have I tried to explain to you the what can be said in humorous fashion and be clearly understood as humorous and what can be written in a humorous fashion are two different things? Without tone, inflection, body language, people can only read into the written word with their own perspective, their own prejudices, their own filters in place. While it is clear to some of us that your commentaries were only meant to poke fun at contemporary society, that is because we know you and understand you. For others it is not so easy.

So whether you were banned for poking fun at worshipping celebrity for celebrity's sake or the instantaneous cannonization of celebrities at the moment of their death or for reminding people that one person's "hero" is another's "villian," I cannot say. Or perhaps you were just having a bad day and let your ill-temper get the better of you (as I just so recently did).

So I'll bid a fond adieu to "bobbyburns" knowing that the people behind "Irene Wilde" and "bobbyburns" will remain friends.

Take care, my friend.

Irene Wilde

Ah, yes, a lot of stuff happens when you're out un-enjoying the real world, I see.

I'll just sigh everytime I pass all those corn fields then...

Abulafia, if you have a problem with why bobbyburns was banned, then take it up with me personally via email or PM.

The RIP thread was the last in a long line of problems and complaints about bobbyburns.

As he is no longer here, there's no reason to keep this thread open.

Back