• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Dan Brown: The Da Vinci Code

The library, as far as I know, intends to offer the same treatment to old newspapers in the near future.

Sorry to bring this thread up again, but I'm new here and I'm trying to participate in this forum.
I didn't like the Da Vinci Code very much. I thought it was just one of those books that just scream to be adapted to be a Hollywood movie. Besides, I couldn't help imagining Robert Langdon as some sort of modern Indiana Jones :rolleyes: . And the ending... well, hello clichés and big conspiracy!
I'm not somebody anyone would call a down-to-earth girl but the Da Vinci Code was too much, even for me! I'm not going to read another book by Dan Brown!

It won't!

Somebody call a priest! The demonic undead thread must be clensed!

BACK! BACK! The power of heaven compels you!

Too late! The thread just span around and vomited pea soup all over me! :(

That's it, i'm gonna tie this thread to the bed and throw holy water over it!

THE POWER OF HEAVEN COMPELS YOU!

Why should the thread die? As you've said to me on numerous times...if you don't like it then don't read it. ;)

People read books at different times. Its a book forum; every book is open to discussion. :)

didnt rate it. at all
dont believe the hype. i shouldntve been surprised - u never should

it was completely plot driven. the chapters are a max of about 5 pages which annoys me - i can concentarte for longer than that. it had too much crappy info in it i wasnt interested in.

and every sentence READS LIKE THIS
in a big film trailer voiceover style.

it was like reading some john grisham lcd biznizz

I finished The Da Vinci Code and enjoyed it quite a lot. My friends have told me that Angels and Demons is more suspenseful but doesn't have as many shocking parts. I plan on reading it after House of Leaves which I started 10 minutes ago.

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

I seldom read books from this genre, but many people around me was recommending this book to me. YOU have to read it! They would say. Finally my partner got it, so I read it over a night. I get why they thought I should read it but at the same time, maybe I´m in least need to read it. I have already heard all of the theories in it before, in different kontexts. And I am in no way oblivious to the sacred of the female. I wear the pentagram!

I really enjoyed Umberto Ecos "The pendulum of Facault" or what it might be tited in english... And I prefer the ending in that one.

What do you think?

P.S. Excuse my bad spelling, I´m Swedish.

Here we go again :eek: :D

I thought it was pretty good. Like with anything, some people like it and some people hate it. I would say that it's a good book for you to read if you don't read much because it's a very quick and easy one to read :)

Back